Countdown to Leopard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countdown to Leopard

macOS Sonoma brings stunning screen savers, desktop widgets, new ways to share work and web apps along with fun personalization tools and Game mode.

T - 2 day 1 hours 36 minutes and counting...

Looks good anyways
    Last edited by Elie; 24 October 2007, 14:25.

most interested, but I will be waiting for 10.5.1
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I'll wait for a version that works on non-mac hardware. Oh wait - that won't happen.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Yawn. Another $100 OS service pack.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
          hehe, the naming convention confuses you
          although granted its more an evolution then a revolution.

of course 99% of my software from 10.4 will still work on 10.5 though
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

7 hours 19 minutes and counting

Comment

I'm waiting till they run out of Big cats only Lions left. And move onto another species e.g. Chimpanzee.

PS in iChat can you share with multiple people? or just one? e.g. a 20 person conference.
              Last edited by Fluff; 26 October 2007, 11:42.

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
                I'll wait for a version that works on non-mac hardware. Oh wait - that won't happen.

Here you can find a current list of OSx compatible HW.

And here is the famous OS x on AMD article.

From a legal stand point, it's all gray, of course. I believe the correct term is "misuse".

A guy over at work has leopard (some RC ) running on his mac book pro (Intel dual core).
                The "time machine" (They commit the folder's content into version control system, like SVN, and let you check out older revisions of it) is cool. However it sure eats up a lot of disk space.

The "spaces" "new feature" takes first prize in the 2007 cynicism awards.
                Essentially, what they've done is shamelessly re brand a classic X feature (we're talking 20 years here) as their own innovative technology.
                LMAO ... this is exactly what they claim MS has been doing to them all those years.

Or in other words .. GO UNBUNTU GO ... GO UBUNTU GO ....
                Last edited by FatBastard; 26 October 2007, 14:50.
                Originally posted by Gurm
                .. some very fair skinned women just have a nasty brown crack no matter what...

Comment

Originally posted by FatBastard View Post

From a legal stand point, it's all gray, of course. I believe the correct term is "misuse".

And I believe in many places it's completelly legal...for sure here I can ignore "is allowed only to be used on Apple machines" clause in the license; that clause itself is illegal, and circumventing means of enforting it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                    It's Ok because it's Apple, of course if MS employed a similar system all hell would break loose
                    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
                    X