Lava

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lava

Is there anybody has bought the new SB live sound card with the new soft SB 3.00 and its LAVA!
    I've got PIII 500- 128mb -G400 max - New SB live and when i play LAVA it freeeeeezes!!!!!

Hi !
    So...when playing CD-music...feels some kind chopy..right ?..you should enable SYNC DATA TRANSFER in Control Panel/SYSTEM/DEVICE MANANGER/CDROM /SETTINGS also be sure to enable DMA if available

for LAVA ! when starting go to SETTINGS (litle red button near START buton..right side)..then ADVANCED /PUSH COMPEXITY & FRAMERATE to maximum ,RESPONSE at your wish

you can always reduce COMPLEXITY if feeling chopy but FRAMERATE should always be @ max

Be aware there is a strange problem with PD.5.30 & OGLICD (hanging,sampling,freezing sys.)if you gonna use LAVA! you should replace your current ICD with MATROX beta ICD or ICD from 5.25 or 5.13 & then you will have no problems...I hope

------------------
    PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value)...

------------------
    PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value)...
    PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

The only problem I've had with LAVA is that on a Celeron@450, @550, or K6-III 450, it is slow as hell.

Very impressive with my Athlon 500 though.....

------------------
      aka Chris H

Comment

Hello!

From my own experience Ifound out that i had to disable the Dual_Head feature before running any Open-GL applications(like LAVA),or they are either slow or lock up my machine.

------------------
        Motherboard:Intel SE440BX-2
        Processor:Intel PentiumIII 500MHz
        RAM:192Meg (128+64Meg PC100compatible)
        CD-rom:PioneerDR-U06S
        DVD-rom:PioneerDVD-U03S
        Scsi-controller:Adaptec 2940U2W
        Hard-disk:IBM DDRS-39130W
        Graphics controller:Matrox Millennium G400Max
        RainbowRunner G-series video editing hardware and hardwareDVD upgrade-module
        SoundCard:SoundBlaster Live! Platinum
        NIC:3C19250 (USB)
        Others:Floppydrive and internal SCSI IomegaZIP-drive
        Operating system:Windows98

Motherboard:Intel D850GB
        Processor:Intel Pentium4 1,7GHz
        RAM:256 Mb
        CD-rom:PioneerDR-U06S
        DVD-rom:PioneerDVD-U03S
        Scsi-controller:Adaptec 2940U2W
        Hard-disk:IBM DDRS-39130W
        Graphics controller:Matrox Millennium G400Max
        RainbowRunner G-series video editing hardware and hardwareDVD upgrade-module
        SoundCard:SoundBlaster Live! Platinum
        NIC: Intel (integrated on motherboard)
        Others:Floppydrive and internal SCSI IomegaZIP-drive
        Operating system:Windows Me

Comment

Dear all

The matter is that when i dowloaded a Lava used for other sound card than SBlive Creative, it workes terrificly with only for Mp3.I've never seen some thing so beautiful!
          But when i use tha Lava furnished with Creative bundle. It doesn't worke at all!!!
          Very very strange!

------------------

Comment

Working...
          X