HL2 Orange box THIS WEEK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL2 Orange box THIS WEEK!

I have not looked forward to a game release this much for a long, long time.
    Most specifically because it will include Team Fortress 2!
    I WILL be purchasing this one on the 12th (day of release)

In anticipation, with Steam's recent updates, I have created a player's group called 'MURC'. If you plan to play this (or any other Steam game for that matter), sign up for the MURC group, and we can go frag em together
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

You mean you haven't already pre-ordered it so you can play the TF2 beta now?
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Just joined
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

heh been playing TF2 for a week or so, eees good

Comment

joined, not sure if I will be getting TF2, but I'm usually up for some CS:S
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

@Kruzin: It's been a long time for me as well. There haven't been many games I've been looking forward to. And I want HL2 cause of Portal, but TF2 is cool as well as HL2. But, unfortunetely as much as I want it, I have to wait... again.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I want Episode 2, I'm curious how the story unfolds. Anyway, wish they had a solution (product) for people that already have HL2 and Episode 1 and for a reasonable price.

Comment

No, I didn't pre-order online or play the beta. I'm gonna actually go to the store and get my orange box!
                And I was wrong on the date...it's on the 10th

I'm also looking forward to Episode 2 and Portal, but moreso for TF2. It better be good for as long as they made us wait
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Meh, I bought the orange box last night and I'm not impressed with TF2 at all. They've pretty much just turned it into deathmatch. And the spy cloaking is absurd. And there are no grenades. And the controls suck.
                  Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 8 October 2007, 17:35.

Comment

The demoman has grenades.
                    The spy cloak is a bit extreme but he is easy to kill, and a team with to many spy's usualy loses.

Comment

NO grenades (cept demo)?
                      That BLOWS.
                      Me and Rags have always played a pair of engineers, and our EMPs where our greatest defence aside from our sentries.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
                        NO grenades (cept demo)?
                        That BLOWS.
                        Me and Rags have always played a pair of engineers, and our EMPs where our greatest defence aside from our sentries.
                        The demoman just has the grenade launcher with regular and "sticky bombs," not even a detpack any more. I used to love sneaking into an enemy base with a spy and tossing hallucinogen grenades into their respawn room, but no more.

It's like they stripped the game down to run on a console (which is exactly what they've done. ) I wouldn't have bought the orange pack if I had known that, I would have been happy to just pay $25 for Episode 2.

The special class functions (like engineer construction or spy disguises) are now weapons!

And judging by the large number ( Ha, Ha, ) of custom maps for Counter-Strike: Source, I can only imagine TF2 will work out just as well.

Oh, great... Episode 2 is going to be on the X-Box and PS3 as well, so it'll probably stink too.
                        Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 8 October 2007, 20:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram View Post
                          The demoman just has the grenade launcher with regular and "sticky bombs," not even a detpack any more. I used to love sneaking into an enemy base with a spy and tossing hallucinogen grenades into their respawn room, but no more.

Yah. Well, your last sentence there is probably a big reason why they were eliminated. Spammers are rather lame, especially ones that hit the respawns

Rags

Comment

The sticky bombs can be exploded whenever you want(lat fire), so they are effectively a "det pack"

The healing ray from the medic and that you can "supercharge" somone with it to invulnerable for a while is interesting.

It also has several different game modes.

While the game has been simplified the essentials are there and I think there will be a bit more tweaking will be happening both official and through mods.
                            (and did you really expect and exact clone of TFC, which evloved a lot)

I enjoy it, but a lot of times it does come down to sudden death mode.

Comment

anyone think TFC2 has a decidely NOLF2 flavour?

Comment

Working...
                              X