512 Mbytes of System RAM
    NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
    8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Recommended System Requirements
    2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor
    1 GBytes of System RAM
    NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card
    8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

It will also make use of quad core, the extra 2 cores are used for physics.

What I find strange is the Recommended video card - the 7800GTX and X1300 are no where near the same performance level.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

cool I have 4 cores, but what about the requirement of waiting until next year for it to be released

Though I thought my 7800gt would have sufficed, x1300 thats got be a typo?

Comment

I'm thinking it should be X1800+ or even X1950+, I've checked the recommended specs from a couple sources to make sure I got it right - I did...

Side note: Gears of War for PC due Nov 6th, also features some extra levels over the 360 version.

edit: from what I've read UT3 is still slated for November as well (possibly November 12th)
      Last edited by Mehen; 4 October 2007, 15:04.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

http://www.unrealtournament3.com/us/index.html
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Go get the DEMO:

http://www.gamingnewslink.com/
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Downloading now.

Comment

DEMO IS AWESOME!!!!!

looks great and RUNS GREAT!!! (check my sig for specs). I can run it at 1280x1024 with highish settings

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM View Post

Thanks for the links.

Comment

Thanks, I downloaded and installed on my Dual Xeon 3.4Ghz/ATI 1800XT and it plays nicely

I miss the Unreal Tournament days when we used to play, clan MURC and Haig
                  Those were the days!

Comment

In windows xp x64 I keep getting "can't complete install" error 1648

do they have a linux version like they did for ut2k4?

Comment

dont think so, a lot of developers are dropping linux support I think.

Comment

You scared me there, looks like there will be a linux version, but it seems whether it is in the box or a download at a later date is still in the air.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

It looks like crap below 1024 by 768 but when I raise it that high the controls lag horribly.

Comment

Working...
                          X