some VW driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some VW driving

My Dad's Passat's lease was up, so he got a new one - 2007, 2.0T, all leather, etc etc.
    The old one was a '03. As compared to the old, the suspension is stiffer, the ride height seems higher - better overall visibility. The power steering feels a little bit more old-manish. The 2.0T is definitely a lot more powerful than the old 1.8T (200hp vs 170hp). It sounds a lot nicer too - although I haven't really been able to push it yet (had only 50 km on it when I got to drive it). Looking forward to being able to drive it a bit harder when it's got a couple thousand on it.

Today my Mom's old Jetta went in to get something fixed, and they lent us a 2.5L 5cyl 2 door Rabbit. I've driven the 2.5's before (in a Jetta) - they are a lot more torquey than the older standard motors VW offered. Really fun to drive in the city.
    The 2 door rabbit is just that - a rabbit TONS of fun to drive around the city. TONS. If you get a chance to drive one - I highly recommend it.
    I can only imagine what the 2.0T GTI's are like...
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black
Working...
X