Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diana photos

Link....

OK, so they published photos taken seconds before the crash that killed her. Know what my question is?

Has anyone considered that these pictures were taken with a professional flash and that the driver could well have been blinded beyond his ability to control the car?

I don't care if he were drinking or not, several high end flash exposures in your face at night just about does in any ability even a sober person would haver to see where in hell they were going.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Why the hell can't they just shut up and let the dead RIP? Nothing published in scandalmongering rags like the Mail is going to change a thing.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

@Doc: Now if they were a bit drunk then the flashes probably made it a whole lot worse.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
        Why the hell can't they just shut up and let the dead RIP? Nothing published in scandalmongering rags like the Mail is going to change a thing.

It’s not going to bring anybody back, that’s for sure.

But, if the photographer’s flash was like that drop that overfilled the barrel……

I’m not saying he needs to rot in jail.

He didn’t realize what consequences extreme picture hunt like this could trigger. Yet, I’m all for making it public, so next time paparazzi or anyone else can pull back in time and say “enough, before anyone gets hurt”.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Originally posted by ND66 View Post
          Yet, I’m all for making it public, so next time paparazzi or anyone else can pull back in time and say “enough, before anyone gets hurt”.

Comment

maybe I'm being cynical, but I don't see that happening.

mfg
            wulfman
            "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
            "Lobsters?"
            "Really? I didn't know they did that."
            "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

It's unrealistically optimistic to think the paparazzi will police their own behavior based on whatever findings come out of the inquest. They are hunters and celebrities are their prey. When the hunt is on and they sight their prey, instinct takes over and human considerations are forgotten. It's unlikely to stop until tabloids start going bankrupt from lawsuits (highly unlikely, since high-profile celebs need the paparazzi as much as the paparazzi need them).

Seeing those photos made me think the same thing: photo-flashes going off in your eyes at night in a tunnel (no matter how well lit) is a recipe for disaster for even a stone-sober professional driver. If it can be shown that the photographers and their flashes contributed to or caused the accident, then ALL of the photographers on the scene would be deserving of negligent homicide charges.

My question is, what did those photographers do after the accident? Did they try to help the victims or did they just stand around snapping pix of the carnage? The answer to this one question could determine whether these guys are human beings, or something else, something cold, reptilian and repellent.

Kevin

Comment

No security belts..
                "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

The Paparazzi angers me to no extent, they are selfish without morals or ethics, no regard for human life, privacy or otherwise, they are like animals!
                  Very sad to see their tabloids which are bought by teenagers fuel the demand for more pics which triggers the paperazzi to further demeen themselves to a new low every day.

I have no respect for them what so ever!

Comment

Do not single out teenagers for something grown-ups do just as well.
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

True, it'was just that teens came to mind who like to follow up on Britney, Brad, Angelina, etc.etc.etc.
                      Last edited by Elie; 3 October 2007, 14:37.

Comment

Can't say I am "in the know" but over here at least it appears to me that the pictures of celebs in magazines aimed at kids and teenagers are taken at non-intrusive moments like real photo-shoots, gala's etc. while the real papparazi-pics appear in gossip-magazines and the like.
                        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                        X