Used My New Sony HDR-UX1 To Record Brother's Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used My New Sony HDR-UX1 To Record Brother's Wedding

I used my new Sony HDR-UX1 to record my brother's wedding on the beautiful Oregon Coast last month.

The video turned out great.

I used all "auto" settings because I haven't had time to learn all of the manual features (which are ample).

I was really happy with the audio recorded by my Audio-Technica shotgun microphone.

It picked up the voices of the minister and the voices of the bride and groom perfectly and the sound wasn't drowned out by the ocean waves crashing in.

I almost got jinxed by the short recording times on the mini (8cm) DVDs onto which the Sony HDR-UX1 records the AVCHD 1080i video.

But -- fortunately -- the ceremony ended a few minutes before the disc was filled and I even managed to get some cover shots afterward.

I got home and played the video the other night for my brothers and my father.

Sure beats what I got with my MiniDV camcorders.

The resolution and the color are quite pleasing.

When I get the time to edit this down to a standard definition DVD, I'll share a copy with my brother and his new bride.

I suspect they're going to be amazed by the detail and the quality.

I haven't done a lot of shooting in recent months, but I couldn't be happier with the results I got.

AVCHD isn't the "perfect" HD image, but it's amazingly affordable and compact and the image quality is still quite amazing when compared to MiniDV standard definition.

I still use my MiniDV camcorders every now and then.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!
Working...
X