Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80 mm fans with decent cfm and low noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 mm fans with decent cfm and low noise?

Some hardware web site just reviewed som Sunon fans, 80, 100, and 120mm as I recall. Not sure about the 100mm one, might have been 90 or something, but it was in between 80 (regular size) and 120 (large ass mofo size :P).
    They said the 80 and the inbetween size were quite quiet, yet still pumped a lot of air, while the 120mm moved an ungodly amount of air, but was NOTICABLY loud.
    Myself, I have 3 UberGeneric 80mm fans in my case and it makes for a somewhat pleasant background noise. Call me crazy, but I can't sleep anymore without hearing at least one computer on in my room any more (I do have 4 in here right now :P).

------------------
    P3-450@558mhz@2.1v, ABit BE6, 128megs 7.3125ns PC133 SDRAM, SB Live! Value, G400 32meg Dualhead (@120%), Acer ALN-201 PCI 10bT NIC, 6.5gig Seagate Medalist Pro 7200rpm, 13gig Quantum Fireball CR, Yamaha 4416e Burner, Pioneer 10x DVD-ROM, Panasonic e70 17" Monitor, Antec KS-188 24" Tower, 6 year old Honeywell-SUH 101key Keyboard, Logitech Trackman Marble+

P3-450@558mhz@2.1v, ABit BE6, 128megs 7.3125ns PC133 SDRAM, SB Live! Value, G400 32meg Dualhead (@120%), Acer ALN-201 PCI 10bT NIC, 6.5gig Seagate Medalist Pro 7200rpm, 13gig Quantum Fireball CR, Yamaha 4416e Burner, Pioneer 10x DVD-ROM, Panasonic e70 17" Monitor, Antec KS-188 24" Tower, 6 year old Honeywell-SUH 101key Keyboard, Logitech Trackman Marble+

In front I have fans by AVS, guess that's the same as generic. They do a fine job and are quieter than the (loud) PS. I know that probably doesn't help. But, in the grill behind the CPU I have a temp adjusted variable speed fan. This thing is great. It's quiet, queiter that most, as it's probably running slower under "normal" conditions, but if it gets HOT it will also run much faster than others, and make enough noise to let you know of a problem. I got it from ComputerNerd , good guys. But I wouldn't use it in the front of a case to blow air in, as the outside air is (hopefully) cool, and they would stay on a slow speed.

As for the video card, I'm not sure what's causing those problems, but if you want to cool it (and the rest of your system to boot) I have to recoment the CARDCOOLER. Very simple but effective cooling device. If you don't know, it's two fans mounted on a rail. It mounts above the cards, so it doesn't void any warenties, covers upto 4 cards, it's held in place by the slot screws, and lowered my overall system temp. Also the air being blown down cools both sides of the video card, and any cooling mods you may mave made to the card will be benefited by the increased airflow. Especialy with the large openings above the card slots of the ADTRONICs case. For about $25, it's a great investment, you can't go wrong. I thinks it's available from 2cooltek and direct ( just checked the cardcooler link and they have the MATROX logo on the home page ).

Hope this helps.

Mark F.

ps You could always try some 7.62mm "ventalation holes in the case

------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

[This message has been edited by Mark F (edited 03 November 1999).]
    Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
    --------------------------------------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie

Comment

80 mm fans with decent cfm and low noise?

hi guys i was wondering if anyone knows where i could get some nice good low noise fans for my new system. i have room for 2 80mm fans in the adtrinics case i bought and need some recomendations. i was thinking sunon but ive heard they are real noisy. ive have used global win fans in the past but can't seem to find 3 wire ones anywhere.

power supply is a sparkle 250 and my heat sink for the cpu has two 60mm global win fans.

one 5000 golbal fan on g400.

oh one other dumb question. my curent system when i play d3d and open gl games i see little white dots in halflife is this normal ? or is it the memory chips getting hot? i do have a large heatsink i could cut up and put on the chips. i fyou think its a heat problem. dots more noticeable in opengl but still present in d3d (every once in a while)

5.30 drivers p2 350 oc to 450 abit board.
      no problems no irq head achs ect.. just little white dots inn halflife open gl and sometimes d3d.
      msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
      it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Working...
      X