Clear All

• She knows more than I do!

Lilly is almost two years old!
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Wow

Jabudah?
    FT.

Comment

Bright girl! She already knows more about geography than most Americans (I assume she is that from the father's accent).
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Careful there Brian, I'm sure its not just Americans with poor geography skills.

I was discussing this last weekend. with my father. When he was at school (History was easier then, as there was a lot less of it ) they actually had lessons where they pointed at a map and said 'that is called x, its population is y, its government is z, its main export is q etc etc'. I'm sure I never had a lesson like that at school, and neither have my children. We have a globe and an atlas at home instead.
        FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
          Bright girl! She already knows more about geography than most Americans (I assume she is that from the father's accent).

i
          Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
          Careful there Brian, I'm sure its not just Americans with poor geography skills.

was discussing this last weekend. with my father. When he was at school (History was easier then, as there was a lot less of it ) they actually had lessons where they pointed at a map and said 'that is called x, its population is y, its government is z, its main export is q etc etc'. I'm sure I never had a lesson like that at school, and neither have my children. We have a globe and an atlas at home instead.

Reminded me of this
          Originally posted by Gurm
          .. some very fair skinned women just have a nasty brown crack no matter what...

Comment

what was more impressive was the fact that she could say and pronounce most of the countries.

wow . what an adorable kid
            Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 25 September 2007, 09:12.
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by FatBastard View Post
              i

Reminded me of this
              She'd make a good politician

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
                When he was at school (History was easier then, as there was a lot less of it ) they actually had lessons where they pointed at a map and said 'that is called x, its population is y, its government is z, its main export is q etc etc'. I'm sure I never had a lesson like that at school, and neither have my children. We have a globe and an atlas at home instead.

I hated this sort of map pointing... (otoh now, when education here goes down the drain, I imagine it's out )

Comment

Working...
                X