X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe exclusively supports Blu-ray

It figures..

paulw

Industry analysts are now seeing the *possibility* of an upset "HD DVD" victory... not that it matters to me.

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.

Forrester said typical owners of high-definition televisions are not willing to pay more than $200 on average for a new HD DVD or Blu-ray player. "Failure to alter strategy would open up Blu-ray to a possible upset defeat at the hands of HD DVD," Gownder said.
    What about "Blu-ray Disc" and the studios?

Blu-ray's content advantages are somewhat diminished since the recent decision by Viacom's Paramount studio to commit exclusively to HD DVD. HD DVD hardware prices have also dropped into consumers' preferred price range...
    Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

I wouldn't hold that little blurb on a blog as the be all end all decision by Adobe.

There are no HD-DVD burners in the market yet for god sakes, where are the blanks?

Blu-Ray burners and media were out a while ago giving people a chance to create content in HD and have a hardware solution for playback.

I know Toshiba is working on a burner, but nothing released yet. So what do you do? support a format that no one can write to now... or wait

Comment

That statement, Elie, seems somewhat misleading to me because -- as you are well aware -- Toshiba's HD DVD-R notebooks have been out for some time now:

You make it sound like nobody is burning HD DVD-R discs even though you know people are, in fact, burning such discs.

Jerry Jones
        I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Originally posted by Elie View Post
        I wouldn't hold that little blurb on a blog as the be all end all decision by Adobe.

There are no HD-DVD burners in the market yet for god sakes, where are the blanks?

Blu-Ray burners and media were out a while ago giving people a chance to create content in HD and have a hardware solution for playback.

I know Toshiba is working on a burner, but nothing released yet. So what do you do? support a format that no one can write to now... or wait

Comment

Bah! Let's just have a victor and fast so we can get going with a universal, affordable distribution format.
          - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Jones View Post
            That statement, Elie, seems somewhat misleading to me because -- as you are well aware -- Toshiba's HD DVD-R notebooks have been out for some time now:

You make it sound like nobody is burning HD DVD-R discs even though you know people are, in fact, burning such discs.

Jerry Jones
            http://www.jonesgroup.net
            Where's the HD-DVD burner for the PC? Like the Pioneer 111 or 112 DVD.

I want an internal burner for my HP. If there is one, please let me know thanks.

Regards,
            Elie

Comment

The only one I can find, thanks to PaulW who posted this on this forum...

But it's external and don't know if it's available in Canada.

295 Euro's is not bad, cheaper than the Blu-Ray's.

I need internal drives or mutil format, including both Blu-ray and HD-DVD to be released, that will solve alot of problems

Comment

Working...
              X