%$^@@^ Must See!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• %$^@@^ Must See!!

K so, my parents have been friends of one of the owners of our local VW/Audi dealership. So every once in awhile they will bring by a nice Audi or something to show off - very cool.

Anyways - I'm back at school now - and money is tight, so I decided to pick up a shift where I was working during the summer. My first shift was this afternoon - and guess what showed up at my door (and I missed it, and it probably won't be coming back): (scroll down)

(scroll some more)

OMG!

pic w/ my brother - our Jetta in the background is jealous.

no idea why it has Alberta plates... there's my Dad fresh from surgery

no shoes required - and handicapable!

alas we hardly knew ye (I didn't at all!)

and an awesome full res pic for you all to enjoy

Apparently $173k CAD ish - after taxes.
    Last edited by Mehen; 22 September 2007, 23:52.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Also seen it live (central polish dealershipp for VW/Audi/Porsche is next to my old dorm (a bit depressing sometimes )), looks really impressive.

BTW, do you also have the impression that R8 was modelled somewhat after Veyron? :>

Comment

well that makes one of us that has actually SEEN it

yeah - Veyron is owned by vw/audi (one or the other - or both )
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

Audi (and thus Lamborghini), Bugatti, Seat and Skoda are all owned by VW. Whose largest shareholder is going to be Porsche, if their plans get through.

I've recently seen an RS8 on the street as well. Like the LED daytime running lights.
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

So apparently each dealership in Canada got one - and then there's been one car (this one) that they have touring Canada - basically a demo for the whole country.

I'll be heading to the dealership tomorrow morning - I might be able to get a ride in it before they have to ship it off.

Comment

Made it down to the dealership today before the car was shipped off - and got a ride in it!!! (BOOYAH!!) As you would expect - it's unreal. It SOUNDS amazing - you can tell this thing is made for the track - and having the engine behind you is awesome. I was suprised at how refined it is too - it took the bumps on the road like a champ.

I can also assure you that the pictures do it no justice - in person it looks much wider and longer, and even lower. The off color side panel looks better than in pictures too, although I would still prefer a color scheme with slightly less contrast. Inside is VERY roomy - I was suprised. I still could have lowered the seat and put it back farther but I was fine, with plenty of leg and head room (I'm 6'2).

Comment

Waiting for a series hybrid; GM/Opel E-Flex, Volvo ReCharge, Mitsubishi MIEV, Chrysler ENVI....whoever.
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 24 September 2007, 15:48.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Love the R8!!! Thanks for the pics!

Comment

One word........

SWEET!!!

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

WOW....an eyefull of beauty, and pleasure to the ears too no doubt
                    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                      Waiting for a series hybrid; GM/Opel E-Flex, Volvo ReCharge, Mitsubishi MIEV, Chrysler ENVI....whoever.

You're not going to see much from GM now I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X