Which to get....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which to get....

Well I'm looking to upgrade my Celeron 300a@ 464 to P3-450 or 500 to take advange of the new TurboGL drivers for my G400MAX. My question is should I get the 450 or 500? I can't OC my 300A to 502 so I think my cheap generic PC100 SDRAM is holding me up there and I would guess this would pose a problem to me OCing the P3s also. Any suggestions would be much apperated. I would love to get an Athlon rig, but right now that isn't an option.

Scott

------------------
    C300A@464,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM, 2x CDR, WD 13.6 GB HD,SupraMax 56k modem

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

The difference between 450 and 500 is so minimal (in my opinion) that I would only go for the 500 if the price was right...

Comment

go for the 450... it's less expensive and you won't notice the difference.. just overclock the sucker to 500 and save yourself a buck or two...

Comment

I'd get the 450. Where I am in Canada the price for the 500 is $100 more. I wouldn't pay the extra moola.

------------------
        The Rock
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed."
        -- Albert Einstein
        Bart

Comment

I did some looking around and PC NUT is offering a P3-450 thats able to run 600mhz + for $275..just a little more then a P3-550 retail goes for. I figured in the worse case I can get some PC133 memory in a month or two since memory prices have come back down in price adn keep the PC100 stuff for an athalon rig that I want to get in the spring.

Scott

------------------
          C300A@464,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM, 2x CDR, WD 13.6 GB HD,SupraMax 56k modem

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
          X