VBE 3.0 in G400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBE 3.0 in G400?

Hi, I recently bought a G400 MAX in ebay (G4+MMDHA32/DELL), and when noticed that it had VBE 2.0 only, I updated its BIOS with setup_g258_2.exe from Matrox FTP. PBIOSWin showed 1.5 - b22 version before flashing, and 2.1 - b35 after (latest version for G400, I think), but the card still supports VBE 2.0 only. Even my older G200 has support for VBE 3.0 with 3.3 - b34 BIOS update. Is there any way to get VBE 3.0 in G400, apart from GX00VBE TSR?

Regards,
    batracio

Wasn't there some special BIOS utility for enabling VBE on Gxx boards?

Comment

Ok, but what's the name of that utility? Is it a flashing tool? And if yes, does it update the BIOS to VBE 3.0 compliant?

Comment

Why do you need VBE 3? VBE 3 isn't all that exciting, from what I've read. I don't even know if DOS games care about that version. VBE 2 is important. Even more important is how well the card supports VBE 2. Just like other drivers, the quality of the implementation is what really counts.

If you are really worried about VBE support, I'd suggest swinging over to the VOGONS forum. Those folks are all about old games.

Comment

I need VBE 3.0 to set refresh rates higher than 60 Hz in DOS games.

I know VOGONS forum but I think this board is more Matrox-related.

Comment

Working...
          X