Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii seems to be winning the console race

http://www.dailytech.com/Wii+Won+Rep...rticle8883.htm

I was briefly in a Target and Best Buy today and was surprised that ten months later they still can't keep them on the shelves. It looks like it's not from a lack of increasing production either. What they make they sell.

They are producing almost a half million of these a month and still selling out of them.

The only problem is that the good games still seem to be mostly Nintendo produced or Licensed. Still with these kind of numbers I think you'll start seeing more 3rd party stuff soon.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

I sure hope that 3rd parties start making new and more interesting games.

Seems to me that everytime I decide to pick up a wii game; most of the offerings are based on kid cartoons and toys

Note: mama's cooking (or whatever it's called) is fun and addictive. Despite it beeing marketed toward 6 yos :P
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat View Post
      I sure hope that 3rd parties start making new and more interesting games.

Seems to me that everytime I decide to pick up a wii game; most of the offerings are based on kid cartoons and toys

Note: mama's cooking (or whatever it's called) is fun and addictive. Despite it beeing marketed toward 6 yos :P
      The target audience of the Wii are kids and i don't think Nintendo will change that. They do additionally aim for *older* people right now with their brain dama.. err training games, but the majority of the games will stay that way.

And it's the cheapest console available, that amounts to a lot of sales too.

R.
      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

my 2 cents:

Metroid Prime 3 is awesome
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
        X