Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have BP6? Is it stable under NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have BP6? Is it stable under NT?

I have used the ABIT newsgroup and www.bp6.com, but I still have too many crashes with this POS because none of the solutions posted work 100%. My Seti stats are even dropping because of this board.

Do you have a BP6? Can you run NT 4 SP5 stable at 100MHz FSB? I am trying to run at 5.5x100.
    Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Should not be a problem just as long as your CPU's are up to what you are asking of them. Have you tried clocking your Celerons back down to default to see if it becomes stable???

Rags

Comment

Yes, I have tried using them at 366MHz. The system is stable longer, but it still crashes with the PS/2 mouse and PS/2 k/b locked up. The processing in the background continues, but it doesn't do much good!

I have read that Linux users don't have as many issues with the BP6 as NT users do. Also, someone on a forum that goes by BIOSGuy said he thinks it is ABIT's implementation of MPS spec 1.4.

Still doesn't help me though because even though I can get access to the source code for the BIOS and build a new BIOS, I don't want to spend all the time required to learn SMP!

------------------
      ABIT BP6, 192MB PC100 RAM, dual 366 Celerons oc'd to 550MHz, 3DFXCool GlobalWin FEP32 'Lil Mofo' h/s fans. Marvel G200 PCI, Canopus Pure3DII, 3COM 905B NIC, Buslogic FlashPoint LW Ultra-Wide SCSI, SB16 ISA. Segate Medalist PRO 9.1 GB UW SCSI 7200RPM, Maxtor 20.4GB ATA66 7200RPM 2MB Cache, 8GB tape b/u, IDE 32x CDROM, SCSI 4xwrite/8xread Panasonic CD writer, 4 more various 2GB SCSI drives.
      Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Comment

I have a friend who has a BP6 with dual Celeries burning at 550 running NT4 SP6, not a single problem. He doesn't use USB either...

Comment

Working...
        X