Cave Men on the Road.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cave Men on the Road.

1st one driving down the wrong side of the road trying to pull out of the junction. The Gentleman waiting to turn right in the road waits calmy until thicko gets out of the way. The Gentleman informs the cave man that the car is leaking which it is. Cave man gives him a funny look and drives on steam coming nicely from under the car. I wonder how far cave man got??

A bit further on another cave man gets in the wrong lane drives through a red light and cuts across the other line of traffic which is moving to get into the correct lane.

Cave man three parks his lorry on a tidal flow system blocking one lane and obstructing another lane. I guess he was lost but surely the traffic swerving around all over the place and line of standing traffic behind him would tell him something. I should have stuck around as no doubt we'd have some cave man driving into each other at a later point.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Uhmm...could #1 come from the flood of immigrant workers?

(seriously, sometimes I was wondering how I would cope with traffic rules in the UK...and I guess such thing could happen initially...)

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
      Uhmm...could #1 come from the flood of immigrant workers?

(seriously, sometimes I was wondering how I would cope with traffic rules in the UK...and I guess such thing could happen initially...)
      Nah I think these were white totally native cave men.

There are quite a few people driving on the roads without valid tests, insurance or just plain banned. In a time when we're worrying about choked roads and environmental damage they should be thinking of removing these people. I wouldn't be surprised if the figure was around 20 -30% which is a lot of traffic.

The driving rules are very simple around 80% of people just ignore them.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

But wait, there's also now a large number of white but not native cave men!

And the rules are simple of course...it's just that some of them are different from few automatic reflexes I have

Comment

What's non-native got to do with it. "Cavemen" are universal?

Comment

Really, TP, you know nothing until you have driven here. Traffic laws are totally ignored. I can think of only two places in the world I would like to drive in less: Istanbul and anywhere in India but especially Delhi. Believe me, driving in the UK is a much more pleasant and less risky than probably 80% of the world elsewhere. I don't know what you complain about or even why you complain all the time.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Sir Ivory tower it was actually light hearted banter but since you haven't stayed around in this country for a while you haven't a clue what you're talking about as per normal.

I found it quite amusing that the first cave Man thought the person was being "funny" when he was told that he had a leak. Still I suppose you'd have kept telling him until he punched you in the face and did the jig on your body as laid on the ground.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ivory Tower would hardly say that calling people cavemen and 'thicko' and suchlike insults light hearted banter. Instead, he would say that it reflects on the mentality of the author, along with the many other insulting comments that the author perpetrates.

And, for your info, I do drive in the UK on my visits there. Believe me, you have some of the safest driving I know of. In fact, according to the OECD, the UK has the 3rd lowest per capita road accident fatality rate in the world after the Netherlands and Sweden (5.34/100,000), compared with here where we had 112 fatalities last year for 700,000 inhabitants (Republic) or ~16/100,000.

In recent years Cyprus has ranked among the top three countries in Europe, on a per capita basis, in traffic fatalities. Speeding, tailgating, overtaking, and the running of caution lights are commonplace and major causes of accidents.
                Pray, tell me, If England is so bad, as you like to make out, why don't you emigrate to where life is better (Zimbabwe comes to mind )?

Comment

Perhaps it's your constant PC snide clueless remarks mr Ivory tower that give your game away.

One day visits if you even do those don't count for much. When was the last time you lived in the UK for a prolonged period of time???
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Last prolonged visit was 3 weeks, while I was winding up the affairs of my company and dealing with a complex argy-bargy with another company. During this time, I motored all the time. My "home base" was in Leighton Buzzard, my lawyer in Woburn and the other company in Hemel Hempstead, but I also visited friends in Northumbria and went up to Scotland (separate occasions), so I had a good taste of motoring conditions from Heathrow to Edinburgh. This was just over 2 years ago over ~3500 miles in a rented Peugeot (horrible car!), without incident .

When was the last time YOU drove in countries where driving is really hairy, instead of civilised? I suspect it is you that are housed in an ivory tower that is painted black. How much of the world outside Sheffield have you seen (other than an odd day-trip to Blackpool)?

Comment

Working...
                    X