X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madeleine McCann: mom's a suspect

Link....

Madeleine's mother to be named suspect - spokesman

(CNN) -- The mother of Madeleine McCann expects to be named as a formal suspect by police investigating the British girl's disappearance, a family spokesman said Friday.

Kate McCann was questioned as a witness at a police station in Portimao, a town in Portugal's Algarve region, for almost 11 hours the day before, and left looking visibly shaken and drained, according to CNN's Paula Hancocks.

Family spokesman David Hughes later told The Associated Press that Kate McCann expected to be made an "arguido" -- the Portuguese word for a formal suspect -- later in the day. Madeleine's father Gerry McCann is also expected to be questioned on Friday.

When asked about reports that Kate McCann would be named a suspect in her 4-year-old daughter's disappearance, Hughes said: "They told her last night that it would happen today. That's definite."

If Kate McCann is named a formal suspect she will gain more legal protection than if she is just questioned as a witness. This would allow her to remain silent during questioning and to have legal representation.

Those involved in criminal investigations in Portugal can ask to be declared an arguidos to receive this protection although it is unclear whether Kate McCann asked to do this.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I fear that your thread title is premature. Euronews last night stressed that she was interrogated only as a witness and not as a suspect. Her husband is to interrogated, also as a witness, today.

The insinuations in CNN's report are premature, at the least. Bad journalism. And who wouldn't look drained after 11 hours of interrogation? Stupid remark.

The BBC, last night, linked this interrogation to the results of the UK forensic investigation.

That having been said, I've thought from the start that there were bizarre things around the parents' statements, but I wasn't sure whether this was due to translation problems or for other reasons.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Sky sources have said Kate McCann could be charged with the accidental death of her daughter.
      Sky News delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.

Comment

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I'll bet they'll have trouble explaining why their daughters blood was found in a rental car they rented 25 days after she dissapeared.

Comment

I was wondering when they would pin it on the parents...

Originally posted by jms View Post
            I'll bet they'll have trouble explaining why their daughters blood was found in a rental car they rented 25 days after she dissapeared.
            Wouldn't a body be decomposed beyond bleeding after 25 days? (or did they have her in a convenient hidden freezer? )

or perhaps its really dna traces and not blood?
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Well for me there entire behaviour was odd. If your child is missing no matter what drugs they pump into you you show signs of stress. The father was so calm it was unbelievable.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

or he's just the type that can't show emotions in public.....
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
                  or he's just the type that can't show emotions in public.....
                  Don't think so but then if he was part of it he'd worried about that as well. It's just odd.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

One possible explanation for the blood is that it was on a purse, bag or other object transferred into the car after she came up missing. If I had a dollar for every drop of blood spilled by Erik ricocheting around here....
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I hope this is all wrong, because this makes me sick to my stomach
                      But if she lied and created all this hoopla with celebrities and donations under false pretenses, then I would be first inline to pelt her and her hubby with rocks.
                      I'm hoping it a big if.

Am I wrong??
                      Last edited by RhinoZ; 7 September 2007, 17:42. Reason: spelling

Comment

what in the hell is that blog about there daily life for?

"Kate and I went for a run along the coast at lunchtime. It was pretty windy but still warm enough. Later in the afternoon we went to visit a friend of Kate’s who is on holiday in a nearby village with her family. They brought lots of cards from well-wishers at home and we talked a lot about the search for Madeleine. The twins had a great time splashing around in a little inflatable paddle pool, singing songs and being doted on by the older kids."

are you ****ing kiddin me
                        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
                          I was wondering when they would pin it on the parents...

Wouldn't a body be decomposed beyond bleeding after 25 days? (or did they have her in a convenient hidden freezer? )

or perhaps its really dna traces and not blood?
                          Yeah I guess it was DNA traces.

Comment

now both Madeleine's parents named As suspects...

Sky News delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE] View Post
                              what in the hell is that blog about there daily life for?

"Kate and I went for a run along the coast at lunchtime. It was pretty windy but still warm enough. Later in the afternoon we went to visit a friend of Kate’s who is on holiday in a nearby village with her family. They brought lots of cards from well-wishers at home and we talked a lot about the search for Madeleine. The twins had a great time splashing around in a little inflatable paddle pool, singing songs and being doted on by the older kids."

are you ****ing kiddin me

That's why they're so odd. I bet the cards start to dry up soon.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X