• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my OC'd Athlon pics on HardOCP

Now happly running at 650 too!

Here

------------------
    Greebe... who smiles alot

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Good work!
    I am simply stunned that 1/4W 5-10% tolerance resistors (I assume) can do the job of replacing high quality (again I assume) SMC resistors.
    Did I mention good work?
    How long did that take you?
    Did you get you resistor value and combination information source from Toms Hardware (sigh) or somewhere else?
    Very clean routing/harnessing too.
    BTW The thing about the 200Mhz FSB confuses me a little. Are you able to use regular PC100 ram for this? What is the relationship between Athlon mobo FSB and the ram required to get that FSB setting to work at that frequency?

Comment

More congrats over Here, Mikey

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Good reason to smile (alot)!

Congrats

I humbally bow in awe

But, whats that board with all the red things on it?
        OH, nevvver mind

Mark F.

------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
        --------------------------------------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
        and burped out a movie

Comment

that was your cpu greebe?, wow good job.

also that must have taken some really big balls to do that to a cpu and then power it up i kinda a nut but i think doing that is beyound my nerve
          msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
          it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Not so hard when you've been in electronics for 20 years! Originally it was a 500. I'm doing others cpu's also, look forward to some awesome reviews to come.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Frank, It's designed to work with reg PC100 sdram stuff, memory bus runs @ 100, fsb is at 200.

Comment

I just picked up a 600 K7 and FIC mobo yesterday...You 500 looks great!!!
                Hey...do you know of any CPU cooling apps (i.e., Rain, Waterfall, CPU Idle) that work with the K7s and mobos? I tried rain (run CU Idle and Motherboard Monitor on my P3 Rig) but since is dosn't pick the K7 up and dosen't have K7s listed in CPu Types...I didn't know if I was working...figured same for the others...
                Also, whats the best way to yank that STUPID case off the the K7...Here Intel finally got smart and started making the SECC2 with only 1 side, and AMD is still putting the death cases on the chips!!!
                Thanks,
                Kelin
                ps...Had a hell of a time getting everything to run....don't know if its because I am running SCSI or not....everything is finally working GREAT!!! This K7 with the Max is a screamer!!!
                New Pri System (for Win 98)
                K7 600
                FIC SD11
                256 Megs of HSDRAMPC133
                Adaptec 2940U2W
                Quantum Atlas 10K 9.1 160M/s
                LS-120
                Creative Live
                3Com NIC
                G400Max

Secondary System (for Nt and Linux)
                P3 450
                Soyo BA6 +III
                128Megs PC100
                Creative Soundblaser
                TNT
                2 V2s SLI
                3Com NIC
                IBM Ultrastar 4.5G UW
                Initio UW SCSI
                Samsung IDe 4.3G

Comment

I've run CPUIdle... works well... like CPUIdle!

As far as removing the case... you shouldn't have to. That is unless your going to perform surgery as I have done. Otherwise the CPU won't exactly mount securely... the case serves to hold the processor in place also. Prying would work to open just a little at a time about a 1/2" in from the four corners. Be ultra careful!!! if you do attempt it, you could easily permanently damage the cpu!

Comment

Thanks....I might wait a few weeks, just to make sure that everything is ok and I don't have to return anything...
                    So CPU Idle works ok, huh??? I use that in conjunction with Motherboard Monitor for my P3 system...really like how it interfaces with MBM...uses the temps to turn it on and off...I just wondered re: and of the HLT cooling apps, because, as I said, rain (I tried that because MB won't work with the FIC mobo...I don't think the FIC has any thermal sensoring chip on it..if it does, MB dosen't reconize it, yet) is pretty old (1998) and dosen't have any entry for a K7...didn't know if it would work...as for CPU Idle...without MBM(and I tried MBM) I can tell if its working or not...
                    Kelin

Comment

Thanks....I might wait a few weeks, just to make sure that everything is ok and I don't have to return anything...
                      So CPU Idle works ok, huh??? I use that in conjunction with Motherboard Monitor for my P3 system...really like how it interfaces with MBM...uses the temps to turn it on and off...I just wondered re: and of the HLT cooling apps, because, as I said, rain (I tried that because MB won't work with the FIC mobo...I don't think the FIC has any thermal sensoring chip on it..if it does, MB dosen't reconize it, yet) is pretty old (1998) and dosen't have any entry for a K7...didn't know if it would work...as for CPU Idle...without MBM(and I tried MBM) I can tell if its working or not...
                      Kelin

Comment

HUH???

Comment

Just saw this at http://www.overclockin.com/ . On the front page are some pictures that look awfully familiar

Mark F.

------------------
                          OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                          and burped out a movie

Comment

Yeah like he Uhmmm... that's a kruddy copy! here's the first proto see the difference! Wait til ya see the next mod!

high res pic's http://netdirect.net/~rocketman/K7mod2.jpg 356K
                            http://netdirect.net/~rocketman/K7mod3.jpg 266K

Comment

How did you know where to put the wires?
                              hi

Comment

Working...
                              X