Remind me not to fly this Airline…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remind me not to fly this Airline…..

Airline sacrifices goats to appease sky god.

Officials at Nepal's state-run airline have sacrificed two goats to appease Akash Bhairab, the Hindu sky god, following technical problems with one of its Boeing 757 aircraft, the carrier said Tuesday.

Nepal Airlines, which has two Boeing aircraft, has had to suspend some services in recent weeks due the problem.

The goats were sacrificed in front of the troublesome aircraft Sunday at Nepal's only international airport in Kathmandu in accordance with Hindu traditions, an official said.

"The snag in the plane has now been fixed and the aircraft has resumed its flights," said Raju K.C., a senior airline official, without explaining what the problem had been.

Local media last week blamed the company's woes on an electrical fault. The carrier runs international flights to five cities in Asia.

It is common in Nepal to sacrifice animals like goats and buffaloes to appease different Hindu deities.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

they probably did it to "calm" their potential and current local customers...

Comment

Makes you wonder how many animals died when they tried to solve Windows problems.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

not many probably, unless they have a PC God to sacrifice the animals to

Comment

Yup! His name is Gates!
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I wonder what the maintenance report looks like...
            Maintenance report

Tire pressure low: solved by sacrificing one goat
            Problem on the left engine: diffuclt problem, solved by sacrificing three goats.

(my imagination is running haywire again )

But yes, I agree with Netsnake. Most likely to ease the minds of some of their potential customers.

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post

But yes, I agree with Netsnake. Most likely to ease the minds of some of their potential customers.

Jörg

They did ease my thinking....................... I'll never ever consider flying them!!!

Because, if the "potential, local costumers" do think like that, so could the mechanics, no?

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Working...
              X