Music CD's Burning Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music CD's Burning Problems

Whenever I burn an audio CD it plays great on my PC but hardly ever on my CD player.
    I use Nero. Choose audio CD and set the burning speed to the lowest possible. When I
    try to play the finished CD in a CD playar it can start playing after 3 or 4 tries or perhaps
    not play at all. This happens with all the brands of CDs I have tried and with different
    burners. The only burning software I have been using is Nero but I don't think it's the
    sofrware.

Any sugestions please ?
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Better media? Newer drive? It's usually one of those things, although it could certainly be the software, but that's unlikely.

It could also be a misconfiguration. Is is an IDE drive? If so, check the DMA.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Also, many of rigorous tests on cd/dvd burning site/forum (local one I mentioned once, not in English...) suggest two things that might be relevant here:
      1) Burning at much lower speeds than for which blanks are rated isn't necessarily better.
      2) Recent DVD burners are at best mediocre when it comes to quality of CD burning...often horrible.
      Last edited by Nowhere; 1 September 2007, 20:51.

Comment

Yep, agreed, Don't burn your media at the lowest speed. Try the highest speed first and work your way down if the quality isn't good.

May we ask what CDs and burner you are using?
        80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Recorders: LG CD Writer, Pioneer DVR-A06, DVR-A07, DVR-A09, DVR-112D.
          CD Media: Samsung, Datawrite (titanium), Fuji, Ridata, Eproformance, just to mention a
          few.

Comment

Well if the common denominators are Nero ... and your computer (mainboard)... I'd suspect the mainboard. Does Windows Media Player burn good CD's for you?
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Have you tried a different CD player? I've seen some CD players that suck at reading from burned CDs, and others that can read almost anything.

Comment

rylan, I think you hit the nail right on the head. I can play the CDs I produce on any
                machine in the house and including the car CD player, but when it comes to a particular
                all-in-one model my wife uses then it's "no go" or works on and off. The funny thing is
                that this all-in-one machine takes some old copied CDs my wife has but for some reason
                finds objection to play mine.
                Last edited by Debbie; 3 September 2007, 00:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                  rylan, I think you hit the nail right on the head. I can play the CDs I produce on any
                  machine in the house and including the car CD player, but when it comes to a particular
                  all-in-one model my wife uses then it's "no go" or works on and off. The funny thing is
                  that this all-in-one machine takes some old copied CDs my wife has but for some reason
                  finds objection to play mine.
                  This is actually not surprising. We could launch into a LOOOOOONG detailed explanation of how CD/DVD pickup lasers work, but instead let's just say that they can be finicky and leave it at that!

Comment

Working...
                  X