Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22" 3D gaming monitor launched

FT.

Too bad they don't say what the refresh rate is. I have to assume they're doing l/r frame interleaving, which means its 30Hz max. I've seen stuff like this at some electronics shows. Its pretty cool, but not very comfortable to look at for extended periods of time.
    Crappy viewing angle, and low brightness. That 250nit spec is before you put on the polarized glasses.

Comment

They do say it's a 5ms screen.

I'll bet that's per half-frame, but that would still give 100Hz updates if DVI can handle it (I haven't bothered with those calcs)

- Steve

Comment

Not enough bandwidth to do that with the 1680x1050 resolution at much over 60Hz.

From the explanation of how they do it, they actually use two lcd layers, and superimpose two images with different polarizations and direct them at the left or right eye. Quite interesting, since they can update a full 60Hz and avoid the l/r addressing 30Hz problem that can cause fatigue and dizziness after some time.
        The monitor itself requires two DVI inputs from a nVidia graphics card with the special stereo output driver to generate the two independent video streams for the l/r overlay images.

Comment

Actually I saw a 50 inch 3D LCD TV at NAB and I was astonished beyond belief!!
          This thing was 50 inch and litterally you can see the image come right out at you, I guess this monitor is using similr technology.

Cheers,
          Elie

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
            Actually I saw a 50 inch 3D LCD TV at NAB and I was astonished beyond belief!!
            This thing was 50 inch and litterally you can see the image come right out at you, I guess this monitor is using similr technology.

Cheers,
            Elie
            Was that a Philips 3DSolutions screen? You didn't need polarized glasses for it right? Those things work pretty well but you have to be standing in the right position for maximum effect.
            Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Originally posted by knirfie View Post
              Was that a Philips 3DSolutions screen? You didn't need polarized glasses for it right? Those things work pretty well but you have to be standing in the right position for maximum effect.

Exactly, and the guy was there to place people in the right spot for the ultimate viewing experience, no glasses required.

Also let us not forget about the video itself, it too had to be filmed in 3D. They had commercials and some 3D animation playing back, but it was amazing!

Comment

Pics/video of this?

Comment

I've taken pics of 3D TVs/monitors like that at CES last year. Obviously, the pics don't show the 3D effect since it requires your eyes looking at the monitor in the specific position to see it.

Comment

Working...
                  X