Klipsch ProMedia...go get 'em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klipsch ProMedia...go get 'em!

I just did a multi-media upgrade on my box, which of course included a G400Max. I'd been holding out on a speaker upgrade to replace my Altech ACS53, but wasn't impressed with what I was hearing at the various retailers. Finally went with the new Aureal SQ2500 (Vortex 2)sound card and the Klipsch Promedias. The sound is absolutely incredible. Believe all those reviews.....the Promedias are a steal at $250. You won't believe games like TFC, Mechwarrior 3, etc. If you can't afford them, start saving!

John

[This message has been edited by Johnny Ray (edited 24 October 1999).]

Where'd you get em? =)
    I'm been trying to find 'em anywhere in Canada, but all the Klipsch authorized dealers said they're not available here yet.
    Any online stores have them? I didn't have much luck when I piked around pricewatch and such.

------------------
    P3-450@558mhz@2.1v, ABit BE6, 128megs 7.3125ns PC133 SDRAM, SB Live! Value, G400 32meg Dualhead (@120%), Acer ALN-201 PCI 10bT NIC, 6.5gig Seagate Medalist Pro 7200rpm, 13gig Quantum Fireball CR, Yamaha 4416e Burner, Pioneer 10x DVD-ROM, Panasonic e70 17" Monitor

P3-450@558mhz@2.1v, ABit BE6, 128megs 7.3125ns PC133 SDRAM, SB Live! Value, G400 32meg Dualhead (@120%), Acer ALN-201 PCI 10bT NIC, 6.5gig Seagate Medalist Pro 7200rpm, 13gig Quantum Fireball CR, Yamaha 4416e Burner, Pioneer 10x DVD-ROM, Panasonic e70 17" Monitor, Antec KS-188 24" Tower, 6 year old Honeywell-SUH 101key Keyboard, Logitech Trackman Marble+

Comment

Echo|Fox

I looked around a bit too, but no one had them, so I bought them directly from their Online Store. Not sure if they ship to Canada, but it's worth checking. I placed the order in the US on Wed. and got them Fri.

John

Comment

I just got mine as well from the Klipsch online store (http://www.klipsch.com/store). They really are something to behold. If you do decide to get them I would definitely recommend that you have a fairly new sound card with a very good signal-to-noise ratio - You can hear the sound card hiss on poor sound cards very well. I'm running them on my SB Live! and I love it. I had Altec-Lansing ACS-48s before, but these completely blow them out of the water. The bass is very good and these things can get extremely loud (concert level sound) with no perceivable distortion. For $250 they are the best deal I have ever gotten. However, one thing to remember: You must have a four-speaker sound card to use all four satellite speakers (or a cable-splitter). Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament just rock. The directional cues are amazing, and you can turn it up loud enough to feel the impact of a rocket... I gotta go play now, seeing as how I'm getting myself all psyched up.

Jon

[This message has been edited by noackjr (edited 25 October 1999).]
        My baby...

QDI Brilliant IV - Bios 2.0 Beta (Win2000 updates - email me if you want it!)
        2 Pentium III 500 MHz
        256 MB PC-100 SDRAM
        Matrox Millenium G200 8 MB SGRAM - Bios 2.6-20
        2 Creative Labs 3D Blaster Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI...)
        Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live!
        Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400
        Quantum Viking 4.5 GB UW SCSI (weak...)
        Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore 2X
        Iomega 1GB Jazz

All running on Win2000...

Comment

I was going to upgrade to a set of CambridgeSoundworks FPS 2500's, but I don't know any more. I have the 'older' 5.1 desktop theater package, but I think the Klipsch are going to be the better choice. Then I could have 2 set of speakers, one for my DVD and one for games. And no I am not a phreak...just a little insane.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
          X