64, too young to die :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64, too young to die :(

A friend of mine died this weekend of abdominal cancer after a brief illness, just two years after retiring. He went in his sleep, fortunately not in pain at the time.

I feel most sorry for his children, who also lost their mother last Christmas. At least he got to meet his first grandchild, on who he absolutely doted. His second is on the way.

64 is no age these days, and he was one of lifes really nice blokes. It is so unfair.

FT.

My condolences
    A couple of my grandfather's colleagues died shortly after retirement, you just can't tell when a man's going to die.

Comment

a bit OT but I think it stinks in more than one way. Good honest people work hard all their lives just to die shortly after retirement, not even getting some time in peace to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
      To make things locally worse, retiring age in Israel is 67 years. Considering the fact that insurance companties calculate the average lifespan to be around 75-78 years, thats insulting. Today's world shows little to no respect for the elderly, unless they're stinking rich.
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I'm sorry

I am tempted but will not go OT here.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
            X