Now planes not safe in China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now planes not safe in China?

China Airlines grounded their fleet of 737-800 aircraft after one exploded after landing. Luckily everyone on board got off safely. Add another near miss to their safety record.

Wrong China.
    It was a Taiwanese airline landing at a Japanese airport.

PS Our local TV news had it as a Chinese airline landing in China and showed a map of China!
    Last edited by cjolley; 20 August 2007, 13:05.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Actually it was China Airlines...

A China Airlines Boeing 737-800 explodes into flames at Naha Airport, Okinawa Prefecture (state), southern Japan, after arriving from Taiwan on Monday, Aug. 20, 2007. All 165 people aboard escaped alive, officials said and police said terrorism was not suspected. This photo was provided to Kyodo News from a person happen to be there. (AP Photo/Kyodo News, Tomoyasu Yamauchi)

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
        Actually it was China Airlines...
        Which is a Taiwanese airline.

China Airlines (Chinese: ä¸*華航空公司 (pinyin: Zhōnghuá Hángkōng gōngsÄ«), commonly abbreviated 華航) is the flag carrier of the Republic of China on Taiwan. The airline is not a state-owned corporation nominally, but belongs to China Aviation Development Foundation (ä¸*華航空事æ¥*發展基金會). However, the foundation belongs to the government of the Republic of China. The chairman does not have to report to the Legislative Yuan, unlike other state-owned companies in Taiwan.
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

My apologies, it could get really confusing who's who around there

Comment

No apology necessary.
            The only reason that I knew was that I had to search for flights to and from China on relatively short notice one time, so had seen a lot of the airline names.
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
            X