Firewire Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewire Problem

After pluging in my camcorder and trying to capture some footage, I got the message:
    Unable to open the specifide device from Ulead video capture. Went to Device Manager
    and found ! NEC OHCI Cmpliant IEEE 1394 Host Controler.

I have been under the impression that firewire drivers are already contained in WinXP+
    SP1.

What now ?
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Go into Video Capture|Set-up|Device Control. Choose MS1394 Device Control and then click Options. You should be able to see all the items connected to your IEEE-1394 card and are switched on. Choose your camera by name. Now for the tricky thing: if it is not recognised, you may find the Ulead DirectShow Capture Plug-in is out of phase with your Device Control (it shouldn't be, but sometimes is!)

The NEC reference is because your IEEE-1394 card uses a NEC chipset. As simple as that! This is normal. Mine says VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller because it has a Via chipset.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Bri.,
      Active device says: No device

Comment

Sounds like you have a bad connection or something. Check with 'Imaging Devices' in Device Manager. If your cam is working and is correctly connected to the IEEE-1394 card, it should be seen here.

Comment

Brian, It appears that the drivers are there ! It's just that the device is not being seen by
          the software.

Away from the subject. How is the expectancy about the euro over there.
          It's a mixed feeling over here but generaly accepted well.
          Attached Files

Comment

OK Brian. Got it going Thanks M8.

Comment

OK, panic over, what was wrong?

There is a feeling that we are being scammed, and with good reason. All the big supermarkets have promised that € prices will be rounded down to the nearest 5 eurocents if more than £1 and to the nearest cent if less. Great, but they are preparing the way by increasing the prices on most things across the board. Smaller shops are even worse. Recently, our local souvlakia takeaway upped their price from £1.50 to £2 and a local shop increased a litre of milk from £0.65 to 0.75. Car park operators have promised an increase from £1 (~€1.71) to €2. Short-term parking at the airport has recently increased from £0.30 to £1.50/h, ostensibly so that new payment machines will accept €€. IOW, the general feeling is that we are being taken for a ride, the same as when we joined the EU (there was never a referendum here on this or the Eurozone: it was imposed on us by the government).

Comment

Well regarding the firewire problem, it appears that each tine I plug in the camcorder, I
                will have to go to Find New Hardware and scan. It will then be up and going in no time.

About the euro changeover. As I said it is now widely accepted but we still have to wait
                and see. The government has appointed a team of guys "with balls" that are doing a very
                good job phaseing in the changeover. The government have gone into a contract
                agreement (now that it has been decided upon the equivalents between the maltese pound and euro cents) with the shopkeepers and agencies that they must stick to the
                correct exchange. They are issued with a "Fair" sticker that is stuck on the premises.

All the prices, up to now have remained stable, with some things, mostly electronics)
                going down.

Changeing over to euro has been a parliament "deal" on consensus probably same as you.
                A referendum has only been heald about joining, YES or NO.

Brian let's hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                X