Processor In Heat .... LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processor In Heat .... LOL

I am running a Noprthwood SL6WK CPU. A the present time room temp. is around 35 C.
    I have monitored the temp. on the CPU and found that it went up to 72 C while converting
    a movie using TMPGEnc. At that stage I switched the machine off.

Q. What would be a maximum safe temp. to run a SL6WK CPU ?
    Most information I found is rarther confusing.

Cheers.
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Um, higher than 60C is not recommended.
    Above 70C is not good at all.

A room temp of 35C is quite high, though, even some of the best coolers would be able to get to 55-60C in that sort of ambient temps...

I suspect that the hot air is not coming out of the case fast enough.
    You can try this by leaving the side panel off, but it would be better to try and speed up the case fans..

Put your hand by all of the areas where the hot air comes out of the case, if that is also very hot air, then it is the case fans which are too slow ( for 35C ambient temp).

Also, if you are using the standard Intel Cooler for the CPU, that is also quite hot anyways...
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Maximum safe temp is 70°C http://processorfinder.intel.com/det...px?sspec=sl6wk

A room temperature of 35°C is high. Just add some extra cooling and you should be safe.
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Thanks guys. This is what I did:
        Changed the case to a full ATX tower. Added a fan and left the side opened with a 10" fan
        blowing inside. On test right now.
        We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Working...
        X