Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A realy cool cd player deesign

Originally posted by Gurm
    .. some very fair skinned women just have a nasty brown crack no matter what...

Looks very cool, is very small, but also pretty dangerous.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Can it shoot spinning CDs? Can it chop heads off?
      Nice design though
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I doubt it has enough torque to cause any real damage, but I guess Dr. Mordrid could shed some light on the issue.
        Originally posted by Gurm
        .. some very fair skinned women just have a nasty brown crack no matter what...

Comment

It's a very cool design indeed, but the moment you touch the cd, your music would probably stop. Not very practical when travelling though.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Apart from doing retinal surgery with reflection from the laser. St-o-o-o-pid!
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

really cool CD player designs
              A pair of Shanlings (note tube output):

A C.E.C belt driven transport:
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I'm glad that the comments on Murc is not as retarded as the ones on the linked page
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Neat in theory in the just because we can category, but a dangerous liability in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
                    I'm glad that the comments on Murc is not as retarded as the ones on the linked page

That's beceause Murc is not as retarded as the ones on the linked page.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

BTW, belt driven or tube-output designs might also look nice, but are also stupid.
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Both are awesome designs, and I'm pretty sure there will be others!

Technoid:
                        Heh, we're civilized here by comparison

Comment

Haven't actually listened to a tube output cd player, but I've listened to a lower model CEC with belt drive- sounded great.

thr not stpid ur stoopid
                          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Can someone please explain why a belt drive would sound better than a direct drive? There is no such thing as wow and flutter possible with CDs. You could have speed variations as muxh as you like and it would not make a ha'porth of difference to the sound quality. In fact, the speed varies according to the radius being read, anyway.

I agree with az: STUPID!
                            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

The only reason I can think of is less vibration? And maybe less EMI from motor? Still stupid idea though

Brian.

If I put a 1khz pure sine wave at 0db @ 16/44, and played back digitally from wav and then from a cd. They should both be bit for bit exactly the same?

Or will other frequencies be introduced?
                              Last edited by Fluff; 14 August 2007, 10:16.

Comment

Working...
                              X