Screwed up Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screwed up Country

This Country really is beginning to suck big style.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Of course in the meantime yob rule continues

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Perhaps the Police, Councils and Courts should be spending much more time on the 2nd item rather than the first.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Don't you think you are being overly paranoid? I see no cause for complaint regarding whether offensive language should be suppressed. A limit has to be drawn, whether the offensive language or image is sexual, religious, scatalogical or anything else. In order to protect young children and sensitive adults, certain things should never be on public display. I once saw a graffiti on a church wall, "Jesus was a f**king w**ker". Would you consider this permissible?

As for the murder, do you really think that this was the first time youths have offered gratuitous violence? This has happened for thousands of years and will continue to happen for as long as mankind exists. Youths revel in violence, if they think that they can get away with it.

With all due respect, may I suggest that instead of seeing evil at every corner, including racist paranoia, you seek good from your fellow humans and show the way with love for your fellow-Brits of whatever culture (or lack thereof), including the authorities.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Yeh right £80.00 fine for some that's clearly a joke. You get worse on Eastenders.
      Wasted resources where the resources could be used for better things like moving yobs on before they come a problem.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Continuing my paranoid behavour heres anothe rone

Five questioned over the cycle by killing

and this not mentioning other shootings and killings that have been going on.

Now the following could be a reflection of media coverage or just follows the fact that violent crime is on the increase.

Newsround, News round, children's news, childrens news, Press Pack, children, child, Kids, kids news, kids web news, children_s news online, children_s web news, young, young people, Lizo Mzimba, Matthew Price, John Craven, Newsround Extra
        Last edited by The PIT; 25 August 2007, 08:33.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'm sorry, but please tell me in monosyllabic words what you are on about. Are you complaining because the police are doing their job and arresting the perpetrators of these horrible crimes? Or perhaps you think such criminality is new? When I was a kid in the 1930s, there were areas of Edinburgh where ordinary people, kids included, were mugged on a daily basis and this was one of the best cities to live in. At that time, Glasgow was a Violent city with a capital V, some areas, such as the Gorbals, being a byword for violence, with slashed bodies regularly floating down the Clyde. There is nothing new about such crime in the UK.

I agree that there is one difference, the friendly copper on the beat then (or a pair of them in the hot areas) was a great deterrent and was able to take his belt off and welt juvenile offenders, rather than take them to court. It didn't stop juvenile crime, but it reduced it considerably.

Comment

It's the media coverage, wish they'd focus on more positive things but I guess all they care about is their ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
              I'm sorry, but please tell me in monosyllabic words what you are on about. Are you complaining because the police are doing their job and arresting the perpetrators of these horrible crimes? Or perhaps you think such criminality is new? When I was a kid in the 1930s, there were areas of Edinburgh where ordinary people, kids included, were mugged on a daily basis and this was one of the best cities to live in. At that time, Glasgow was a Violent city with a capital V, some areas, such as the Gorbals, being a byword for violence, with slashed bodies regularly floating down the Clyde. There is nothing new about such crime in the UK.

I agree that there is one difference, the friendly copper on the beat then (or a pair of them in the hot areas) was a great deterrent and was able to take his belt off and welt juvenile offenders, rather than take them to court. It didn't stop juvenile crime, but it reduced it considerably.
              Read your own post.

I make a post about Police time and courts time being wasted over a T Shirt which is clearly a joke and you call me paranoid from your ivory tower.
              I see that you're suggesting that such crime is acceptable and that young yobs should be able to do what they want yet someone makes a joke they should be clamped down on.
              You've got a very warped mind on what is right or wrong.
              Well you may enjoy Glasgow of the 30's. But people have the right to live without the fear of violence and not to have to accept it as the norm.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                It's the media coverage, wish they'd focus on more positive things but I guess all they care about is their ratings.

I agree probably quite a bit is about media coverage but it also reflects real life.

Leyton Buzzard was a military town. My Sister and her Husband moved there some years back. I went and stayed there and this is the first thing that got me.

Pubs no bouncers.

All the pubs in town relaxed atmosphere people not watching who's coming in.

When we left the pub the city centre mostly empty walking home two people behind us and I'm known as being very slack for looking for danger but they worry me. Not a problem.

I go home and realise how much I do scan for danger every day.

Next time I visit the towns grown a lot. Bouncers on the doors massive increase in local crime and I feel like I haven't left Sheffield at all.

At least they haven't yet had some people walk calmly into the pub looking for someone with a couple of shot guns. Can't see them and walk out. Carry on drinking folks.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Oh, come off it, Leighton Buzzard (which I know very well, as my UK subsidiary company was there) is not a city. It is a rural market town, stuck in the middle of the stockbroker belt. You cannot compare that with a large industrial city with heavy unemployment. Notwithstanding, there is crime there; the company premises were broken into by youths 2 days after we opened and before security systems were installed. My MD also had his car radio "borrowed".

Sheffield, Liverpool and, to some extent, Sunderland are cities with heavy industry and high rates of youth unemployment; the rest is obvious.

Of course I don't condone violent crime, but my point is that it has happened in the past, it happens now and it will happen in the future. It is a fact of life and is exacerbated by the conditions that exist in these sorry places. The police, within the limits of their own limitations and corruption, do their best to keep it under control, often under the most difficult conditions.

As for your contention about the prosecution of a guy wearing an objectionable T-shirt: do you really think that the copper in question was crime-squad material? The chances are that he was a rookie. The police cannot mix serious crime with misdemeanours and different branches are used.

Furthermore, your continuing use of 'yob' is racist and objectionable, implying a backward boy. Of course, some may be school drop-outs of poor intelligence, but some may be living on their wits. But to imply that they are all backward is unintelligent.

Comment

Pubs in the UK have bouncers?
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

oh yes they do. they mostly deal with drunk ppl causing trouble. I've seen them in action on several occasions (on one of them I called the police)....

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post

Furthermore, your continuing use of 'yob' is racist and objectionable, implying a backward boy. Of course, some may be school drop-outs of poor intelligence, but some may be living on their wits. But to imply that they are all backward is unintelligent.
                        Thank you for showing that you are complete idiot. Your the reason why the such problems and the reason why such problems cannot be tackled.

In these cases the label yob fits

yob noun, slang a bad-mannered aggressive young person (usually male); a lout or hooligan. yobbish adj. yobbishness noun.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

"Nigger" has a definition too; doesn't mean we should use it.
                          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

There has always been youth trouble in the UK.
                            Its just gotten younger, and more widespread, like everything nowadays.
                            The Internet and Mobile phones have helped people to connect all over the country/World in no time at all.

The fact that progressively the borstals, and youth detention centres, and Laws prohibiting corporal punishment have all been abolished, greatly weakened, gives the youth of today the feeling of being a God.
                            They can do what they like, but if someone so much as lays a hand on them, better watch out 'cos the law will be after you.

And they can film themselves being little Sh*ts and post it on Youtube for all their mates to see...

Maybe there should be videos of parents in camouflaged guerilla clothing, donning punishment to said little Sh*ts, and posting that as a reply on Youtube...
                            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

The best punishment for these guys is, at the first suspicion of bad behaviour, to conscript them into the infantry and, after basic training, ship them out to a cushy billet like Iraq, Afghanistan or suchlike for a minimum 2-year stint with no home leave. Let them get pissed in the NAAFI and see what happens when the RSM catches them: QR Section 40, Conduct prejudicial to the maintenance of good order and military discipline. 1st offence 2 weeks jankers, 2nd offence 3 months glass-house.
                              Last edited by Brian Ellis; 27 August 2007, 08:15. Reason: Hyphenating gl****ouse

Comment

Working...
                              X