Friggin' nVidia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friggin' nVidia!

So I am currently running a 7800GS (probably the fastest thing my lowly nForce3 AGP board can handle), and it was running just fine. Install the latest ForceWare? POW! 1440x900 no longer works. You can SELECT it, and it SAYS it's doing 1440x900, but the monitor is really in ... I don't know what resolution, but it trails off the righthand side of the monitor!

Hate... nVidia... so... much!
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

You said you got it working with a older version? Why did you go back to the newer one?
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

No no, this was before I talked to you. Just HATES 'EM!
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Keep up to date with the latest announcements & discussions on the hot topics.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Ha! That's funny!

Nice to know there's a "fix", but I think I'll just wait until they release a non-broken driver.

Comment

Which ForceWare version are you using, Gurm? I read that - at least regarding scaling problems - it helps to boot up the PC and switch on the TFT when it's already in the Windows desktop. Maybe that kind of "fix" can solve your problem, too?
            Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

Yep, I got stung by the same bug. I went back to 94.24 drivers *grumble* *shakes fist angrily at nvidia*

On another note, Nvidia's control panel sucks just as hard as ATIs control panel *sigh* now.

Not that any of nvidia's newer drivers do much for my 6600gt card.
              80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

So i just updated my drivers. I went from being able to play video on my secondary screen to not being able to play video on my secondary screen..

grrrrrrr....
                Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

LOL seems the grass isn't greener on the dark side.
                  AS for ATI there drivers seem to going backwards back to the bad old days. Very wary of upgrading them these days.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                  X