Marvel G200 and NT4 (SP3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200 and NT4 (SP3)

I can't get my card working with the drivers I downloaded from the Matrox web site - only 16 colours at vga. During the installation I am asked to insert disk 2 (?) to load a file and when booting up the following error message appears at the login screen:

`MGACTRL.EXE - DLL INITIALISATION FAILED
    Initialisation of the dynamic link library C:\winnt\system32\mgactrl.dll failed. The process is terminating abnormally'

I am new to NT4 so perhaps I am missing something obvious - any ideas?

If you are using a dial up program such as PCAnywhere in your system you will need to remove it completely , then install your drivers, and then reinstall your program.. This is an issue with the program and not the drivers. Workaround such as the one I told you are listed on the manufacturers site. If this is not your case, tehn completely remove your drivers and be sure to have the 4.07 (I think that these are the listed drivers for the marvel...)

Comment

ZWISCH

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately it doesn't really apply as this is a completely new installation of NT. I even re-installed again after receiving your reply and still get the same errors. I have a load of stuff running on a hidden Win98 partition that might conflict with the drivers but it seems to work fine there. I'm not as technical as some of the people on this forum and I have always believed that if it works I shouldn't mess with it - however, I notice in Win98 that the Marvel card shares IRQ 11 with my sound card - would this cause problems in NT?

Comment

if it's new, then I hope you have at least SP3 installed.

Comment

Yes, it has SP3 (I have even added SP5 to see if that makes any difference) but I am still having the same problem.
          The only software I have added is PartitionMagic. I tried loading the mgactrl.exe in the task manager (I don't know if this is a good thing to do!) but I got the same message re dll initialisation failing. The mga icon is visible in the control panel but nothing happens when I try to open it. Am I the only one having these problems?

Comment

Working...
          X