X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle kid!! 3yr old painting

!!!

The top left video.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Internet connection slow, so I can't watch the whole thin, but this MUST be fake.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
      Internet connection slow, so I can't watch the whole thin, but this MUST be fake.

Hard to tell, later on they pan back and show him doing the painting with no one moving his arm. Pretty amazing if real. It makes sense though, as most artisitic (including music) savants start to blossom around 3 years old.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

However, most autistic children have very poor language skills at age three. This kid's language development appears not just normal, but advanced for his age.

Why should it be assumed that he's some kind of idiot savant just because he displays a unique gift for finger painting?

Unless I overlooked some defining information in the presentation.

Kevin

Comment

Really the only thing that makes me feel at all doubtful is the camera work.
          The way it is cut makes it hard to see him really in action and the vid itself unusable as proof.

And I didn't see anything that claimed he was an idiot savant either.
          He might just be very talented.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

KR - there is idiot savant and savant. If this kid is actually painting those paintings he is a straight up savant. I knew a few of the musical savants when I was in college but I didn't see very many visually gifted savants. They are out there but seem to be rare. I hope they give this kid proper education and find someone that can help him blossom, most savants burn out young.
            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

All I can say is Ninja Turtles kick ass.
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
              X