AGP Mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP Mobo

I have been asked to spec a system with Core 2 Duo and DDR 800 memory. Easy enough, but the problem is that they need to use a card in the system that requires an AGP Slot. The few mobos I see with AGP are Asrock and is not compatible with DDR 800. Any Ideas? Thanks.

I think you are SOL
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

This is close
      Core2, AGP, but DDR2 667
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Mehen

Mentioned that already in my original post. Looking for something better.

Technoid

I am inclined to agree with you. Thanks guys.

Comment

I'm not sure if you can find anyting better. In my part of the world AGP is a thing of the
          past. I had to take what was available just to keep a spare AGP MOBO for my ATI
          All-In-Wonder, VIVO, Radeon cards.

We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Short of a possibly an expensive industrial board I don't think you're going to find what you want. Will DDR2 PC5400 (667) memory not be sufficient for your purposes?
            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

What will the system be used for? And what AGP card will you be using?
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Its not for me. Its for a Photo Processing Lab and they have some special card that needs AGP. Don't know if its a modified video card. Can you recommend an industrial board with those features?

Comment

Working...
                X