Celery no longer OC with G400 16 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celery no longer OC with G400 16 install

I recently installed a G400 16 MB in my system and for some reason my celeron no longer overclocks 400/450 regardless if the CMOS sets the Mobo at 75 mhz. Secondly its seems as though my cpu has to "think" alot more now and gameplay is stuttered in Rogue Spear and Age of Empires II regardless if the resolution is set at 800x600.
    Can anyone help me here?!

Thanks

Panacer 6LX (i440LX): Socket 370 M/B; Celeron 400 @ 450 ; Maxtor 8.4; OPTi MPU-401 Sound; 64 MB SDRAM; Teac CD524E; Matrox G400 16 MB

How did you get an LX chipset MB to do a frontside bus speed of 75 mHz in the first place? The LX chipsets were limited to 66 mHz only!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

This motherboard gave me the option to manually (jumperless) set the bus speed at 66, 75, and 83. It was not stable at 83 at 75 the cpu was OC to ~ 439 per WINTUNE. I put my voodoo3 2000 back in and the celery achieved 450 again. I don't understand how a peripheral can govern/override a CMOS setting. I just bought a celeron 466 and am planning to OC it too but am considering upgrading the Mobo (I know it is low-end at best but it has served its purpose) if I cannot remedy the conflict with the G400. I also uninstalled the 5.30 and re-installed the 5.25 driver since I thought the PIII optimalization for the 5.30 might have caused the problem but that didn't solve the problem.

Thanks,

ignatius

Comment

It's probibly related to the noise generated on the bus... I doubt you've stress it this much before. The extra filtering on the newer BX boards should releave you of this problem.

Would suggest the latest Abit motherboards!
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X