windows bootup logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows bootup logo

thanks i will do that for my system. but i think he wants to change his to something else.

------------------
    EVIL IS GOOD. EVIL IS LIVE SPELLED BACKWARD AND WE ALL WANT TO LIVE RIGHT ?
    INTEL EVIL INSIDE, INTEL SPYCHIP INSIDE
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Uhm, - Sorry Frank. It's not the config.sys file.

It's in the MSDOS.SYS...

attrib -s -h -r msdos.sys

backup msdos.sys just in case.

edit msdos.sys - change logo as Frank said.

do not delete any lines in the file. msdos.sys must be a minimum number of lines/characters in size.

attrib +s +h +r msdos.sys

Look in the root directory for logo.sys (it is actually a renamed bitmap) - you can copy it to logo.bmp and then edit it. If you match the size/res/color-depth - you can use any image you want for the logo.

Look in the windows directory for other logo*.sys files. These are the shutting down image and the completely shut down image files. They can be replaced as well.

Have fun - play it safe.

Guyv
    Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
    - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
    - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
    - 6.1 Digital Audio
    - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
    - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
    - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
    - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
    - LS120 IDE Floppy
    - Zip 100 IDE
    - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
    - NEC FE950
    - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

...Sorry for the bumsteer there...heh
      It was 3am when I answered that one(waiting for Liveware3.0 to d/l)
      In fact I tried it on my own system right there and then. But responded the wrong filename.
      Thanks for the correction Guyver.
      You won't find an options heading in config.sys. It was meant to be msdos.sys.
      Thanks for that.

Comment

NP... Glad to be of service...

Guyv
        Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
        - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
        - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
        - 6.1 Digital Audio
        - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
        - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
        - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
        - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
        - LS120 IDE Floppy
        - Zip 100 IDE
        - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
        - NEC FE950
        - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

windows bootup logo

i got a phone call from a buddy asking ig i know how to cange the bootup logo or more more to the point where the file is located.

i know thire are utilitys to change this and or a registry setting but i for get where/ what they are. there were some refrence to sites/ programs / how too do it here but i can't find them could some on repost some help on this subject. (so i don't get bothered in a conterstrike match again.)

------------------
          msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel

Comment

Locate your Config.sys file in the root directory.
            It is usually a hidden file.
            Change it's property from read only to archive.
            Open it up with wordpad.
            Under the second heading [Options], type:
            Logo=0
            Return its property back to read only.
            This works for me in Win989(not sure with 95)
            Not sure if thats what you wanted but this simply disables the Windows logo on startup.

[This message has been edited by Frank (edited 20 October 1999).]

Comment

Actually, what you're looking for are the filenames of hidden files that Windows loads up. They are (320x400?) bitmap files. I know how to do it, but there's a good explanation at: http://www.annoyances.org/cgi-bin/ce-showtopic/004_011

-Wombat
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

frank np figures out it was the wrong file.

guyver wombat thanks

------------------

noel

Comment

There are a couple of ready-made 'animations' around the net, such as Q2, Simpsons etc...have to look hard though. I kill the boot crap, faster is better, and I usually turn it on and go grab a snack or whatever...having a lot of scsi stuff adds time.

Comment

A less painless way to get rid of the boot-up logo may be to install TweakUI from your Win98 / Win95 CD and use that to disable it. It doesn't come on the Win98SE CD for some reason though.

The Rock
                    Bart

Comment

Working...
                    X