Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DELL OC

Hiya,
    I have a Dell dimension XPS R-400 intel P2 400Mhz aith 440 bx chipset. How in the world can i overclock my P2. I am new at this.Thanks a lottt.

------------------
    //////|\\\\\\
    ]|[ PAPPY ]|[
    \\\\\\|//////
    rampoaks@bellsouth.net

Hi Pappy,

My wife has a Dell XPS R-450. They have an Intel Se440Bx mother board which can't be over clocked. You could put a P2-450 in it or do what I did... force flash the Intel Bios for that mother board and give it support for P3's. I did that and put a P3-450 in the system. Go to Intel's website and then Products and Mother Boards and you can download the Bios for the SE440BX. They also have instructions for installing the Bios. I think I had to move the jumper to maintenance mode and do the force flash. Both Intel and Dell have instructions for changing the processor. Between the P3-450 and a G400 overclocked to MAX speed the system really got a boost.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I hope that someone can tell you otherwise ( I'm not a Dell expert), but I don't think that the Dell motherboards allow you to overclock. In fact, I don't think you could put anything faster than a PIII-450 into that motherboard, overclocked or not. Sorry. I hope somebody corrects me on this, but I think you're out of luck w/o a new motherboard.

-Wombat

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Your correct Wombat. You can't overclock that Intel mobo. I went through this with our system. All I could do was swap the P2-450 for a P3-450 after flashing with the Intel Bios because the Dell Bios won't support P3's.

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
        X