Card Issues with Acer PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card Issues with Acer PCs

Does any one know ony issues with Matrox 450 G MMS card has with Acer Veriton 7700 GX?

I bought this card and had it put on the PC. I am getting good display with VGA cables. but when I added Cables to G0 wires to get DVI dispaly it does not work although it is suppose to. Cables to go says that may be the card has some faults. The ACER guys says that the mother board is unable to send signals through the card and therefore they have not certified it in the compatible accessary list.

The monitor has dual input plugs both for DVI and VGA the model name is: Acer, AL 1922

any one can give a workarround for this.

thanks in advance
    Rdsouza

Not sure what you mean by you added wires from Cables to Go... you need to use the included high density LFH60-to-DVI cable included with the board from Matrox to get DVI output. I don't know what cable you're using so hard to say whats going on. That monitor native resolution is 1280x1024 right? Thats the most the Matrox board can do in digital according to the specs.

The Acer guy doesn't have a clue what he is talking about by the way... motherboard unable to send signals through the card? Thats a load of crap since you get analog.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for inadequatly discribing the situation.

Cables-to-Go is a company supplies cables for computers. Matrox card has two outputs 60 pins or so. Two splitter cables are required to convert the two outputs into 4 outputs iether VGA or DVI depending on the splitter cables to be attached (about 9 inches long). From there the signals are carried to the monitor by monitor supplied cables. Matrox supplied splitter cables that gives 4 VGA outputs. I used cables-to-go spec no 38064 for DVI output that gets attached to the card with about 59 or 60 pins. Acer monitors came with both DVI cables of about 29 to 30 pins as well as 15 pin VGA cables that can be attached to this splitter cables.

I also bought splitters with spec 38066 that gives one DVI out put and one VGA output. Out of this, VGA side gives the signal but not DVI side.

Hope it is clearer now.

The resolution I get in GVA is 1280 X 1024. I do not know in DVI may be you are right.

Thanks for the help much obliged.

Regards
      Rdsouza

Comment

Hmm you should be able to connect a normal DVI cable to the monitor and to the 38064 cable. I don't see why that LFH to DVI splitter wouldn't work. I don't think Matrox uses any special proprietary cable to do that.
        As long as the graphics board can read the DDC info from the monitor for DVI, it should be able to work. Maybe check if you have to manually switch the input on the monitor to DVI from VGA? And have to tried both outputs of the splitter cable?

I'm not too familar with that particular matrox board, but if you don't get any biod or boot screen video on the monitor in DVI, then the graphics board didn't recognize that anything is connected.

Comment

Thanks Rylan. As you guessed and I forgot to include this info earlier, yes there is a setting on the monitor to select digital or analog. However, when VGA cables are attached and if I select digital, it blanks for a few secs and reverts back to analog. But with DVI cables in place, I do not see the menu at all (no signals). I did ask this to the ACER guy, he confirmed that the monitor selects the segnals automatically and there is no need to use this set up. However, when I asked him why at all it is there, he replied that some cards / and now mother boards with display built in I suppose, give both DVI and VGA signals together. that is when this set up is used. This part I am not sure I understood properly as to how a DVI and VGA signals could come to the monitor through the same cable (whether DVI or VGA cable)

thanks best regards
          Rdsouza

Comment

Working...
          X