JVC Announces GZ-HD3 High Definition MPEG-2 Hard Disk Camcorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JVC Announces GZ-HD3 High Definition MPEG-2 Hard Disk Camcorder

I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

JVC today announced the new three-chip GZ-HD3 high definition HDD camcorder. The company’s news release says there is a “microphone input and accessory shoe” that will allow use of an optional MZ-V8 stereo microphone.

I like the looks of it.

Jerry Jones

Also http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...cial-32969.htm
    paulw

Comment

I have to say it.

I'm impressed with this model.

It's perfect for backpackers because it's small and light.

The format is extremely convenient.

You can convert the high definition MPEG-2 transport stream files to Cineform .avi files for easy editing.

Two external microphone input options.

Reasonably good image controls.

The price is coming down, too.

Looks good.

Jerry Jones

Comment

Actaully I have just bought a Sony 46" LCD TV. Just tested some of my DVDs made from mini DV. Gee they look grap copared to how they used to look on the 29" TV.. The comerial DVDs look OK. Using my Pioneer upscaling DVD player to 720P. Tried other resolutions and they looked worse.. . Maybe it's getting time to to look at a Hidef camcorder but the catch is the cost of puting it back to Hidef disk format is way too expensive anong with the player here..
        paulw

Comment

One way to lower the cost would be to burn an "HD DVD" image onto your hard drive or onto a standard DVD disc.

That way you should be able to buy the CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra software, which is an approved "HD DVD" and "Blu-ray Disc" software player.

Then you could connect your computer to your TV.

Then play from the hard drive -- or -- if your drive and computer are fast enough I suppose it might work for the DVD drive to play the standard disc with high definition content to your external TV.

Just an idea.

Jerry Jones

Comment

Working...
          X