toshiba laptops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toshiba laptops

help. we have been cleaning out and moveing stuff around at work and in the process my boss has "found 4 toshiba 700ct laptops" with out ac adapters." my question is can a standard radio shack ac adapter be used in place of the 129.00 toshiba one if it meats the same power specs.

acording to the user manule the specs for the laptops are as follows. computer 40watts

ac adapter 100-240 v ac input 15v 2.3 amp max output. the connector on the laptop is a stadard round mini plug type.

thanks (if i can get this worked out maybe i can get one of these things from him.)

------------------
    EVIL IS GOOD. EVIL IS LIVE SPELLED BACKWARD AND WE ALL WANT TO LIVE RIGHT ?
    INTEL EVIL INSIDE, INTEL SPYCHIP INSIDE
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Is the output of the adapter AC or DC? If it is DC, you might have a problem. Different qualities of DC are not created equal. If the output of the adapter is AC, you are probably ok if the frequency matches.

Comment

it dose not state ac or dc in power specs.

only says out put of the adapter is 15 volts 2.3 amps max.

we are trying to dig up at least one supply they have to be here somewhere. and test the oput put of it .

any one have a clue as to what 40watt 15volt at 2.3 amp max would be or is it a 50/50 shot at both ac or dc.

------------------
      EVIL IS GOOD. EVIL IS LIVE SPELLED BACKWARD AND WE ALL WANT TO LIVE RIGHT ?
      INTEL EVIL INSIDE, INTEL SPYCHIP INSIDE

[This message has been edited by merchant2112 (edited 18 October 1999).]
      msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel

Comment

It's likely to be DC. (75% probability) The real question is how sensitive the system is to the quality of the DC power.

SWAG

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 18 October 1999).]

Comment

well thanks for the help i will check this dayly still incase some one has one of these and would be kind enoguh to let me know if the out put is ac or more than likely dc.

the guys who found it are eltritions and could build a nice cheap stable power supply (they have done it before) 129.00 for a fatory part is just insane.

noel

Comment

Working...
          X