Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1680x1050 on original Millennium I

is there some way to make this happen?

it seems like it should be powerful enough, i just can't make it happen even with powerstrip

any help would be greatly appreciated

current drivers are 5.0.2144.1 (10/7/1999) under win2k (can move to xp if that will help)
    bios information: 0838-15 v2.5
    DAC Type: TI TVP3026A, 220MHz
    Chip Type: MGA-2064W B4 R2
    Last edited by craxie; 18 July 2007, 15:59.

I doubt there is enough memory to make that happen, even if you have the maximum size memory module for that card.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
      I doubt there is enough memory to make that happen, even if you have the maximum size memory module for that card.
      it supports 1600x1200 which is more pixels than 1680x1050

page 25

supported pixel depth at 1600x1200
      2MB - 8 bits
      4MB - 16 bits
      8MB - 24 bits

16 bits is good enough for me
      Last edited by craxie; 18 July 2007, 21:54.

Comment

Dunno if the card supports widescreen resolutions; I had to use the tweak utility on my G450 to add a widescreen resolution (it allows one to add virtually any custom resolution).

Perhaps there also is a Matrox tweak utility for this card? If so, it should be on the Matrox ftp site (ftp://ftp.matrox.com), perhaps in /pub/mga/millennm/utils (but also look in other directories).

edit: there is no monitor tab in Powerdesk, where you could add resolutions?

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

well, i didn't have powerdesk installed so i did that

there was a monitor settings tab but couldn't find anything in there about creating a custom resolution

BUT i tried powerstrip again and this time it worked! (with the matrox drivers as opposed the default microsoft drivers)

however it seems a little flakey
          - when it starts up blacks aren't black, they're some muddled color. if i go into powerstrip to the custom something or another setting and come back out (even if i don't change anything) it is restored (strange)
          - seems prone to unstable sections, where the display looks like it doesn't have a lock or something

Comment

Working...
          X