Rumor: Toshiba HD DVD player for 99 USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Toshiba HD DVD player for 99 USD

Toshiba is rumored to sell its HD-2A HD DVD player (only 1080i, though) for 99 USD to promote the medium. The sale is said to last from july 22 to 29, probably US only.
    Last edited by az; 15 July 2007, 07:27. Reason: Tony is smarter than me. Evidence removed.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Shucks, I missed it
    FT.

Comment

oops. fixed it
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Awesome article on resolution, viewing distance, and size.

Each line represents the distance at which you would be able to tell the difference between that and the lower resolution. Eg. at the 720p line you would be able to tell the difference between 480p and 720p, but would not be able to tell the difference between 720 and 1080. This is of course calculated(?) for a 50" TV.

So future proofing is nice - but do you really need 1080p?

It also has a bit about "comfort zone" which is important too, ie. how big do you want the screen to look / how far away should you sit.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Only to E3 attendees, or some trade show... where tickets cost $100-$500 to get in.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
          X