Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendezvous with Rama (2009)

Rendezvous with Rama (2009)

Studio: Revelations Entertainment (Morgan Freemans production co.)

Producer: Lori McCreary (Bopha!, Along Came a Spider; also a partner in Revelations Ent.)

Director: David Fincher (Se7en, The Game, Fight Club, Panic Room, Zodiac)

Screen Writer: Bruce C. McKenna (Band of Brothers)

Synopsis: A team of astronauts is sent on a mission to explore a giant interstellar spaceship hurtling toward the sun. Based on the novel by Arthur C. Clarke.

Cast:

Capt. William Norton: Morgan Freeman

The rest TBD

We'll see. Freeman has been trying to get this moving since 2001.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 July 2007, 02:25.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Frankly, I can't remember anything really happening in Rama. It felt more of a nice setting for a good SciFi story, but there really wasn't much going on IMO. Sure, it could make for a nic big-screen flick, if only for the nice pictures, and I am still waiting for a SciFi movie of LotR quality and proportions, but there just doesn't seem enough story in it, and I wouldn't want them to "spice it up", either.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I'd prefer a first-class making of Greg Bear's EON.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
        Frankly, I can't remember anything really happening in Rama. It felt more of a nice setting for a good SciFi story, but there really wasn't much going on IMO. Sure, it could make for a nic big-screen flick, if only for the nice pictures, and I am still waiting for a SciFi movie of LotR quality and proportions, but there just doesn't seem enough story in it, and I wouldn't want them to "spice it up", either.
        Oh I think it (if following the book) could make another 2001

A 2h+ movie with the potential to make people scream of boredom
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I must admit I never got around to watching 2001 in full.
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
            I must admit I never got around to watching 2001 in full.
            At the premier people even walked out, it's one of those movies where reading the book isn't just a good idea its necessary
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
            X