Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry potter OotPh

In theatre, show starts at 3:30pm

Schmo> I turn off the wireless antenna when the lights go off.
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Is this the one where all the wizards finally realize that if they have potions to cure all ailments, they shouldn't need glasses?

Or maybe the one where they realize that the kids would do a lot better at learning spells if they learned Latin and Greek in addition to their ridiculum (ridiculous curriculum)... since all the spells seem to be mumbled/shouted words in Latin/Greek hybrid...

Or maybe this is the one where they realize that their plumbing is straight out of the 1920's, but that they have no electricity? I mean, they wouldn't need those glasses if they stopped reading by candlelight!

Ok, ok. I'm done... for now.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

No wait! It's the one where Harry finally admits to being completely and utterly in adolescent homo-love with Ron!
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Cranky?

Comment

Caught the premiere at the Henry Ford Museum IMAX. Significantly darker and really very good with the last 20 minutes being in 3D.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
            ... the last 20 minutes being in 3D.
            3D as in "needs to use funky glasses" or "everything was CGI"?
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
              Is this the one where all the wizards finally realize that if they have potions to cure all ailments, they shouldn't need glasses?

Or maybe the one where they realize that the kids would do a lot better at learning spells if they learned Latin and Greek in addition to their ridiculum (ridiculous curriculum)... since all the spells seem to be mumbled/shouted words in Latin/Greek hybrid...

Or maybe this is the one where they realize that their plumbing is straight out of the 1920's, but that they have no electricity? I mean, they wouldn't need those glasses if they stopped reading by candlelight!

Ok, ok. I'm done... for now.
              There is an easy way to resolve all that:

Harry is having a painkiller induced hallucination while recovering in the hospital from him crashing his uncles motorcycle .

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
              No wait! It's the one where Harry finally admits to being completely and utterly in adolescent homo-love with Ron!
              Damn you, how the hell am I going to be able to read any Harry Potter book again?
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The next book is released while I'm on holiday We normally manage to get it just before we go, Luke reads it during siesta and I read it while waiting for temperatures to drop below furnace level so I can sleep at night. My Spanish isn't that good. Hopefully the english version will make it over there quickly.

Is Dumbledore gonna be ressurected? Is it all part of some double-triple-bluff of a plan hatched with Snape before book 1?
                FT.

Comment

Anyway, my theory is that H. Potter will die. He is one of Voldemorts Horcruxes (sp?) and became so due to his mother.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                    Anyway, my theory is that H. Potter will die. He is one of Voldemorts Horcruxes (sp?) and became so due to his mother.

You and the authors of the "unauthorized guide to Harry Potter Book 7". Those retards meandered on for 500 pages (and $16.99) about whether or not Harry was a Horcrux or a Higglepoof, or some other useless shit. And the damn teenagers buy it. *snicker*

Comment

Darn! And here I was thinking I was the first to come up with that (well, after Rowling of course). So uhm, you actually read that guide?
                      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
                        3D as in "needs to use funky glasses" or "everything was CGI"?
                        There were CGI creatures all over the place, nicely done too, but the glasses were not "funky". They were made to fit over regular glasses and used the polarization technique; the right eye images polarization is rotated vs. the left.

It worked so well that the guy next us commented hat he had "came to see Harry, not kiss him"

Seriously; as they were riding some creatures the image of its nose appeared to extend almost over the row in front of us. Very effective.

The only problem is that my wife has astigmatism which seemed to blur portions of the image. Not enough to ruin the effect, but a bit annoying for her.
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I think what struck me most about this movie was it's trailers. To be specific: 10 000BC and The Dark is Rising.

I read the DiR series in grade 3 (re-read a couple times over next couple years).

It must be she creeping up on me but I'm having a little trouble remembering the author's name. I think it might be Susan Cooper.

10K bc looks like something from walking with cavemen crossed with proto-pre-bible myths. (don't know how else to say it) maybe a dash of lotr for flavour.

Harry potter was good, I didn't re-read the book in anticipation of this movie. As far as I'm concerned about fidelity to source; close enough is good enough.
                          /meow
                          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                          Asus Striker ][
                          8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
                          Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

The movie misses a lot of stuff from the book but, in contrast to part 2, 3 and 4, this movie wasn't "hasted". Decent enough. Not worth buying (but he, what movie ever is?)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                              , but the glasses were not "funky". They were made to fit over regular glasses and used the polarization technique; the right eye images polarization is rotated vs. the left.
                              ahhh, those

I still think I have some of those over since Svt aired a lot of 3d stuff in the later 90'this...

and older people going on about them NOT being red and blue (or red and green)

It was amazing on an small tv, so I guess it is awesome on bio screen

Comment

Working...
                              X