Video while driving around town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video while driving around town

I was pretty bored Sunday evening because my photo shoot got rescheduled, so i drove to my brothers loft and he wasn't home so i went to my fathers house all while videotaping.

I figured it might be possible to do this again with the following stipulations ..

1. Drive around the entire city.
    2. With clean windows.
    3. Use something other than a stuffed monkey as an anchor.
    4. Use higher resolution on my camera.
    5. During mid day instead of waiting til the sun is setting so glare wont happen so often.

You think if i get this all corrected that maybe the city website or the travel site might want to buy the video off of me and use it? possibility or waste of time?

VIDEOOO

You guys should do this as well out of boredom.. it would be cool to see the towns people live in.
    www.lizziemorrison.com

sorry, no car, no vid camera
    and well, you have seen it
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Now that i realized theres video on these coolpix cameras, kinda makes me want to rewind time and videotape some of the highlights!
      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I reckon there could be a market for 'here's how to find our HQ after you pick up your hirecar from the airport/train station' type videos. Comentary req. too.
        FT.

Comment

Pretty neat.

Ill have to check the memory usage on such a roadtrip. Luckily I live in a small town.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

LOL saw DukeP's comment on that page
            Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
            ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Had this idea some time ago (it can be from tram/bus, right? ;P ), but still no cam available...

Comment

Neat! I could make my own video as well, I do have the equipement but I doubt that watching the rear end of the same car in Montreal traffic would be considered 'entertaining'.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Good vid Lizzie!

I once created a similar video when we were touring New York, it's kinda sad because you will see the twin towers and the same firetruck that got smashed.

But it's a very cool video non the less, I'll post it too!

Also I'll post my tour of old Montreal that I shot from a horse carrage

Cheers,
                  Elie

Comment

You guys have me thinking of posting my own try at this, but I'd like to replace the copyrighted music ('80's pop tunes) with a simple sound effect, like that rushing, roaring noise Bowman hears when he goes through the stargate in 2001.

I think every film student on the planet must have done this at least once. Mine ran from Fargo, ND to Minneapolis, MN (actually Inver Grove Heights, MN), a distance of 250 miles, in 12 minutes. I saw one on HBO, years ago (when they still showed such stuff) which ran from coast to coast in 15 minutes.

I miss Super 8 *snif*

Kevin

Comment

www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

it hasnt actually uploaded yet, but its on its way. its my recent updated one, but it still needs work
                        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Working...
                        X