Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal woes for Hamilton's world championship challenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal woes for Hamilton's world championship challenge?

I've never known anything like this in F1.

A long term Ferarri employee, Nigel Stepney, accused of espionage and giving IP to McLaren employee Mike Coughlan.

McLaren have sacked Coughlan and say that no one else in the team had the information and that none of the IP has found its way in to the McLaren car. They are of course volunteering to cooperate fully with the FIA, distancing themselves.

It would not surprise me in the least if Ferarri go to court over this

FT.

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
    It would not surprise me in the least if Ferarri go to court over this
    I have no interest in F1, but why shouldn't they? Of course McLaren say they haven't used the IP, of course they knew nothing, etc. Everybody would deny, but why just believe them?
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Allow me to rephrase: I'm mad that something like this has happened, tarnishing our new wonderboy and his efforts. I'm also noting that Ferarri are ruthless in persuit of victory by whatever means. Even if the FIA find no wrong-doing on (the rest of) McLaren's part and no disadvantage to Ferarri, Ferarri are highly likely to go to court if it will give them an ounce of advantage.
      FT.

Comment

Ah, OK. As I said, I'm not very interested in F1, so I didn't know all these things.
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Sure seems like dirty works at the crossroads on the part of Ferrari. I hope it all backfires on them.
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
          X