Athlon, MS6167, MatroxDVD problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon, MS6167, MatroxDVD problems

I recently purchased an AMD 650 w/ MS6167 MB, S-Video Out to TV. I upgraded from a PIII 500. The problem I am now having is with the Matrox DVD Player. On the PIII everything worked fine. When playing a DVD and the Window is Minimized to the task bar, the picture becomes extremely shaky and slow, but when Maximized it plays just fine. So far I have tried Disabling and Enabling DMA in the Bios. Installing the latest AMD Bus mastering and AGP drivers (AMD states that DMA is enabled if the Device supports it with there new drivers, there is not check box under Device Manager). And I even downloaded WinDVD and PowerDVD to try different software. None of these things have made any difference in my performance when the Window is Minimized. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Athlon 650, MS6167, Aureal Vortex2, G400 Max

Try turning off the following three Advanced settings (under DualHead DVDMax Options):

<BLOCKQUOTE>Preserve source cropping
    Scale only on page flip
    Use field-based scaling</BLOCKQUOTE>

(This may not solve the problem you're having, but it's worth a try.)

Comment

Thanks Spire, but I have already given that a try. Actually it locks the TV screen when I have all of those disabled. Its not too big of a deal because it works fine when I leave the window up. It's just the point of it. If anyone else out there has had this problem please let me know.
      thanks
      Athlon 650, MS6167, Aureal Vortex2, G400 Max

Comment

Working...
      X