Transformers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformers!

Now that I've got your attention, I'd just like to announce that I've recently read the comic book adaptations of the movie and prequil and I'm not getting that double plus good feeling.

The story idea is really good, but the way the movie plays out is just way too simple. There's not enough character development of the Transformers themselves and the scenes are way too focused on the humans.

That's my take.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

They probably should have casted sir ben kingsley for the part of Optimus Prime.
    Last edited by FatBastard; 2 July 2007, 09:14.
    Originally posted by Gurm
    .. some very fair skinned women just have a nasty brown crack no matter what...

Comment

I hope/wish you're wrong schmosef, but you can never tell the way movies have played out this year.
      It's all about CG, and not enough story.

Comment

I think they have the original optimus prime voice from the old cartoons.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Yep, it's Peter Cullen. He did the voices for a few other Transformers, the American Voltron series' (namely narration), KARR from Knight Rider, and for a slew of other animated TV shows, commercials, and (movie) trailers.

He's also the first person to give Mario an actual voice.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef View Post
            Now that I've got your attention, I'd just like to announce that I've recently read the comic book adaptations of the movie and prequil and I'm not getting that double plus good feeling.

The story idea is really good, but the way the movie plays out is just way too simple. There's not enough character development of the Transformers themselves and the scenes are way too focused on the humans.

That's my take.
            Comic book adaption always suck!

I haven't read the comic adaption since I want to see the movie first.

But to date I can't remember any comic book adaption that hasn't been "off" or just sucked.

the problem is information density, comic books are the most dense since they contain both visual, audio, speech, thought and narrative. layers upon layers.

Books, only contains the speech, thought and narrative layers.

Movies is least information dense, they can have as much layering as a comic book but all those layers are thin extremely thin so to not cause information overload.
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Ok, saw they movie, and all I can say is WOW, I will be seeing that one again in the theater. AWESOME MOVIE.
              "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Damn people who live in countries a day ahead

Comment

Utah may seem like a different country, but it is really in the US.
                  "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

There were sneak peeks this past weekend, but we were out of town.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Byock View Post
                      I've lived in Utah, and it really is different country
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I went into the movie expecting a steaming pile of crap, but it turned out to be pretty good and fun to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Byock View Post
                          Silly me, wasn't thinking... Didn't have any sneak peaks around here - all we get are 'midnight' showings.

I actually lived in Utah as well back in the 80's for all of three years (in Ogden IIRC and then on Hill AFB).

Good to hear that the movie is at least worth seeing though.

Comment

going to see it tonight after work
                            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Been trying to convince the wife a matinee today would be in order. She actually wants to see it, but I'm not sure if she's convinced today would be the best day to go.

Probably right, we'd have to find a babysitter for at least one of the girls.

Comment

Working...
                              X