• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell when you've ticked off an engineer

And the conversation that spawned it;

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

wow, I wouldn't have been that patient.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

this is an old story.

it was all over the consumerist.

eventually someone senior (i think from executive customer service) got involved.

i seem to recall at audio recording of the above linked transcript. it's pretty astonishing how tough it can be to get a straight answer on rates calling telcos. i've had this exact same problem calling a for rate plans for my customers too. i have a "special" type of dsl connection at home and i still have no idea what i'm paying.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

My favorite part;

G: [big sigh] Okay, I think I have to do this again. Do you recognize that there's a difference between one dollar and one cent?

A: Definitely.

G: Do you recognize there's a difference between half a dollar and half a cent?

A: Definitely

G: Then, do you therefore recognize there's a difference between .002 dollars and .002 cents

A: No.
        Time for a "KILL" button, about 1-2 kilotons worth.

Just enough to take out him and all the other genetically deprived "agents" that company must have hired with him...and their supervisors.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

also worth reading... xkcd.com - Randall Munroe's web comic.

While he was not involved with the Verizon phone call, it's still a pretty funny response...
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I would rather be thrown into a burning lake of fire than argue with a phone company about something they told me verbally.

Funny though.
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
            X