How to convert PowerPoint to DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to convert PowerPoint to DVD

I would like to convert a PowerPoint presentation to DVD.
    There are lots of shareware programs out there, but which one to use?

Is there a free solution?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Chuck

PS The presentation is just a slide show with background music.
    (and maybe an embedded video at the end.)

PPS I've tried the Camtasia (sp?) thing before with mixed success.
    Last edited by cjolley; 30 June 2007, 08:06.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

I had some software at work, which was free if i remember correctly, that just did a video of the desktop.

I could record all that I did on screen to an AVI file.

SnagIt...thats the one. Was really easy to use...may have been trial version now I think more...30 day trial.

Should do what you need. ;-)

Jez
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Quite frankly, the only thing that worked for me, to get the quality I sought, was to take a JPG screen shot of each slide. I then put them on the timeline of MediaStudio Pro, added some background music and voiceover, adjusted the duration of each slide accordingly, added transitions etc. You have to make sure the text is large enough to be read at 720x576/480 though, for the DVD.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Why the screenshot?
        You can export all slides to .jpg files...

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I preferred the screenshot using a designated area a) because I could eliminate the graphics border and b) I could adjust the part I wanted to 720x576 pixels, so that each shot was the same. Much quicker than post-photochopping, even with a macro. It's a choice!
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
            Why the screenshot?
            You can export all slides to .jpg files...

Jörg
            Interesting.
            Could I then import them into Movie maker and add the sound and ending vid?

the problem I had with screen cap was that the sound would get way out of sync.
            Though my PC now is quite a bit more powerful, so it might not be so much of a problem.

Chuck
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

I'm pretty sure moviemaker will allow you to add the images as jpg or bmp and show them for a certain amount of time.
              Not sure how the audio would be done if it has to overlap the slideshow and the ending vid....

I was getting to adding sound to my moviemaker project when I left work, so i'm not sure about the audio splicing.

Thank you, you have re-aroused my interest in video making...
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
              X