What do you drink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you drink?

The Diet Soda thread inspired me to start this thread. So, what do you guys drink, mostly? Water (Tap? Bottled? Why one over the other?), Tea, Coffee, Sodas, Juices, Milk?

I drink mostly tap water (it's of a very high quality here, and tastes quite good, too. And I don't like carrying bottles, besides bottled water being quite a perverse idea in a country where tap water is very drinkable in every household), some orange juice when I can be bothered to buy and shlep the cartons, a little tea, some coffee (though mostly not at home, as I only have a "french press" coffee maker and am too lazy). I never buy sodas, but sometimes I drink them when at friends' or in restaurants or pubs. Oh, and milk sometimes.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

4 large mugs of tea per day + the odd Cyprus coffee if I'm out. At the moment, it's stinking hot (~40°C), so we are drinking vast quantities (about 1½ l each/day) of local bottled water. The tap water is potable but doesn't taste very good. Occasionally add a bit of home grown lemonade to a glass of water. Have a glass of home-grown grapefruit juice for brekker. Practically nothing else.

Oops, sorry, often have 2-3 dl of wine with dinner. Forgot that!
    Last edited by Brian Ellis; 27 June 2007, 07:12.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Lot's of juice, apple/orange/lemonade, small amounts of iced-T, milk, water (tap). I'm still young and quite active, I need the sugar.

NOT bottled or from water cooler because they sit there exposed to air and are a haven for bacteria (since all the bacteria killing chemicals have been removed). If you are going to drink bottled/watercooler water I suggest that it be from a fresh container every day or two.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Funny, no one admits to drink…… BEER!

Liars!

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Well I do, but not for hydration

I actually almost never drink beer at home, and I never, ever drink alcohol alone (well, once or twice I have had one or two bottles of beer, but drinking alone is just no fun and I think the first step down a slippery slope).
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Tap Water (1 or 2 liters a day)
            Iced Tea (made with tap water) (1 to 5 glasses a day, depending)
            Ready made Juice (if Iced Tea is not available)
            Milk (mostly on weekends, goes well with weekends breakfasts)
            Green Tea (rarely, made with tap water)
            Beer (1 - 4 beers a week unless there's a party that week)
            The occasional Energy Drink (2 - 4 cans a week)
            Coffee (very very rarely)

But I mainly drink water cause the acid in juice erodes your teeth.

Note: As the boyfriend of a dental hygienist, it's best to rinse your mouth with water after drinking juice to reduce the acidity and help prevent tooth decay.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Bottled water and tea.
              "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by ND66 View Post
                Liars!
                Not so! Not since 11 July 1984. I was with my German agent in Munich and it was a stinking hot day, in upper 30s with high humidity. We had had a helluva day and arrived at our hotel about 1830. Straight to the bar and I ordered a large beer (1 l). I don't whether it was too cold, I drank it too quickly or it was bad (didn't taste bad), but I was as sick as a dog all that evening. I have never been able to face beer, in any form, since then - not a drop.

How do I know the date? The following day, it was still stinking hot and humid and I was still not in the best of form. We spent most of the day at an Institute of the Munich Technical University. At about 1530, I split with my agent and we went our respective ways. I was motoring west along the Autobahn and, about 10 or 15 km out of Munich, I hit the worst rainstorm, with some hail, I had ever come across. Visibility was literally less than 5 metres and the road was flooded to 10 cm in a few seconds. I was forced to stop and, fortunately, came to a bridge over the autobahn, where I sheltered under. As I did so, the hail became more intense with marble-sized hailstones. My colleague was not so lucky: he motored North in a brand new Audi, towards Nuernberg, when he was hit suddenly by the same hailstorm, but with hailstones the size of golfballs. His car was a total write-off: bodywork hammered and distorted, all glass broken. That hailstorm caused over DM3bn of damage in the Munich region: I was lucky in that I just hit the edge of the storm. If I'd have been 15 minutes later, my car would probably have been destroyed, too. With all the water and debris on the road, my journey back to Switzerland was slowed down and I decided to spend the night in Pforzheim rather than head back home, as I originally planned.

Two memorable and unpleasant evenings!!!
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Water... for obvious reasons hehe
                  Ice Tea, I like very much so
                  Orange juice
                  And best of all...a good ole, Canadian ice cold genuine authentic mouth watering BEER
                  Last edited by Elie; 27 June 2007, 09:03.

Comment

Originally posted by ND66 View Post

Liars!

You almost succeeded in getting this thread to go in the preferable direction, but it didn't take off.
                    Originally posted by Gurm
                    .. some very fair skinned women just have a nasty brown crack no matter what...

Comment

Usually filtered tap water from the fridge or some good Southern ice tea.

Try to keep some orange juice around for breakfast, but I tend to drink too much, too fast when we do have it. Occasionally have a soda or alcoholic beverage (and no, that doesn't usually include a 'beer' unless it's Guinness).
                      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Bottled water mostly.
                        The occasional soft drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw View Post
                          ...good Southern ice tea...
                          Translation for the uninitiated:
                          Tea flavored pancake syrup.

Myself:
                          Filtered water, coffee, tea, Yellow Tail (any red), Guinness.
                          More or less in that order.
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Beer, sodas, coffee, occasionaly some orange juice or water...

Comment

Originally posted by FatBastard View Post
                              You almost succeeded in getting this thread to go in the preferable direction, but it didn't take off.

Yes I did!

Noone mention BEER along with all the other drinks untils after!

Originally posted by Brian Ellis

Not so! Not since 11 July 1984. I was with my German agent in Munich and it was a stinking hot day, in upper 30s with high humidity. We had had a helluva day and arrived at our hotel about 1830. Straight to the bar and I ordered a large beer (1 l). I don't whether it was too cold, I drank it too quickly or it was bad (didn't taste bad), but I was as sick as a dog all that evening. I have never been able to face beer, in any form, since then - not a drop.

How do I know the date? The following day, it was still stinking hot and humid and I was still not in the best of form. We spent most of the day at an Institute of the Munich Technical University. At about 1530, I split with my agent and we went our respective ways. I was motoring west along the Autobahn and, about 10 or 15 km out of Munich, I hit the worst rainstorm, with some hail, I had ever come across. Visibility was literally less than 5 metres and the road was flooded to 10 cm in a few seconds. I was forced to stop and, fortunately, came to a bridge over the autobahn, where I sheltered under. As I did so, the hail became more intense with marble-sized hailstones. My colleague was not so lucky: he motored North in a brand new Audi, towards Nuernberg, when he was hit suddenly by the same hailstorm, but with hailstones the size of golfballs. His car was a total write-off: bodywork hammered and distorted, all glass broken. That hailstorm caused over DM3bn of damage in the Munich region: I was lucky in that I just hit the edge of the storm. If I'd have been 15 minutes later, my car would probably have been destroyed, too. With all the water and debris on the road, my journey back to Switzerland was slowed down and I decided to spend the night in Pforzheim rather than head back home, as I originally planned.

Two memorable and unpleasant evenings!!!

You see, Brian, you may go down in the history as the only one who got sick on German beer. That is, of course, after having one, and only one beer during the whole day.

What are the chances to find a spoiled beer in Munich? With those German beer drinkers? NONE!

My guess would be…….as casual drinker as you are………….that beer was a little too strong for you to drink it that quick! And a whole liter of it?

LOL!

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Working...
                              X