ASUS HD2900XT benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS HD2900XT benchmarks

Today we take two of the latest graphics cards from ASUS and compare the new HD 2900 XT against the 8800 Ultra.

Performs better than the 8800GTS 640mb, and generally just about as good as the 8800GTX 768mb. The 1GB 2900 should do better in the higher resolutions too.

It's a pity they didn't have the drivers where they are now when it was released.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Unless I am missing something, they don't use AA/AF in any of the tests until the end and only at super high resolutions that most people will never use(even though the 8800GTS beats it at all those tests anyway).

Also, the card is hotter, takes two 6 pin power plugs if you want to overclock and it's way late to the game. Hopefully the next card from them won't be so late.

And seriously, generally about as good as the 8800GTX? Crank up AA/AF and see what the results are. I would go as far as to call myself an ATI fanboy, but this card is not that great. I actually bought a GTS. As much as I hated doing it, it is the better choice. Also, you can't judge a card by this one review, look at all of them and the picture becomes quite clear.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

This is the most recent review (with newest drivers)

Temp is higher than GTX, lower than Ultra, and the power consumption isn't all that much higher than the Ultra.

I think we'll see a huge difference at high res with AA/AF with the 1GB cards.

Upon first release the HD couldn't even compete with the 320mb GTS, now it looks like it might be closer to the GTX if anything.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

For the price, it performs decently. But with AA/AF enabled it lags slightly behind which is atad disappointing. None the less it can kinda keep up. Let's hope AMD/ATI can come up with something awesome for the next round, as well as an awesome CPU.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

About the "it performs hotter" part. In theory it does, but if you look at the cooler design, all the air it draws from the case gets out the back, unlike the 8800GTS cooler that slips enough hot air back into the case.
          At least that's my experience with the 8800GTS, it raised my case and CPU temps due to that and I'll have to get a PCI slot system cooler or think of something else to lower the temps.

Comment

Working...
          X